Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qld.... atm

$4 a kg for cavs

$9 a kg for lady fingers + or -- a little

Free when growin out back

1629681340_screenshot_2021-08-23-11-14-21.jpg

if the b@$@d$ would ripen....

Silver you are suppose to cover them for then to ripen for the pick... To tell when ready, reach up and feel the flower on the end of the banana(little black bit on the end), If it breaks off, the bunch is ready to lob off and let them ripen on the bunch....

Lived on a Banana farm and thats what we were told to do...

LW...

A pack of bannanas and a bunch of wolves ? A queenslander who lived on a bannana farm ? Sorry I have the giggles now. No offence lonewolf :lol: btw how do you actually bend them ? :|............ :lol: if you ever need a recipe for dead crow let me know.

LoneWolf said:
Silver you are suppose to cover them for then to ripen for the pick... To tell when ready, reach up and feel the flower on the end of the banana(little black bit on the end), If it breaks off, the bunch is ready to lob off and let them ripen on the bunch....

LW...

LoneWolf we've always cut off the bells once there is a little room between the bell and the last hand formed, that way the bats etc don't go from flower feeding straight to ripe enough fruit eating.... seems to keep them otherwhere occupied in the between time.... thus they ain't hangin around on flowers realizing the fruit is ready.... gives us a chance (if we are on the ball) to get to the bunch first (once the bananas corners have rounded off).
All right for us to use this particular method... but would be chaos on a farm that has multiple fruit ripening stages continuously putting out ripe smells and flower bouquets.
One farm we knew of never used bags.... ever, they sprayed fish emulsion and the bats not being able to smell more than that, just flew on by.... never touching their bananas at all.

LoneWolf said:

LW...

Not down here in Mexico.
Buy them green, that way the cocky turns them around in 5/6 months, not 8/10 months.
Truck them down @ 4c then straight into cool rooms @ 2c,
and
gas the sh!t out of them.
Perfectly ripe after 6 days.

Goldfreak said:
A pack of bannanas and a bunch of wolves ? A queenslander who lived on a bannana farm ? Sorry I have the giggles now. No offence lonewolf :lol: btw how do you actually bend them ? :|............ :lol: if you ever need a recipe for dead crow let me know.

Lol... Nah Coffs Harbour ..... When they did produce Bananas...

Bend them? They are threatened to bend or its the Blender..... ;) :playful:

@ Silver... Nice method... Seen it done in home gardens.... Bit hard on a 30ac farm...

BTW, It's Illegal to grow home Bananas in your backyard in NSW....

Bought in to try and stop the spread of 'Bunchy Top' Disease which killed the industry around Coffs Harbour ... 8.(

Nothing better than a natural Ripened Banana... :D

LW...

Gday all, kinda only lurk on here these days but I had to vent, my whinge of the day.

Im in isolation due to close contact so got plenty of free time it seems.

I just watched a YouTube prospector openly admit to using an excavator to move paydirt and feed a highbanker (in NSW)

Also openly admit to bringing copious amounts of paydirt home, showing the piles while spruiking paydirt bags.

We are doomed.

I really don't think the give a shit mate.
Unless your there when they are they don't seem to care.
People have been using highbankers in Gympie ,Warwick,Glendon,ect for many years and no one seems to be getting any fines. :N:

Here goes. Brought a second hand phone a few months ago as Telstra werent really giving them away anymore and I wanted to stick to the same platform and layout Id been using.

The last one clogged with lots of sticky overspray and sanding dust where noone could hear me (great to ignore the family but difficult to ring Sportsbet or clients). It was a work phone, then after one too many skids over the floor it broke the screen.

It was usuable but its like a mini laptop and would be lost without one.

The replacement one came in mint condtion with at a very inexpensive price, and like an old dog learning a new trick Ive babied it, putting it in the work bag during work, cleaning it, protective cover etc, and its been great.

Until 10 minutes ago, supervisor rang and went to swipe to answer, falls from my hand and tumbles ito the rocks on the driveway, now rendering the screen looking like a drive-by window.

So in rank order my whinge is Telstra, calls after work hours, sh!t phone screens, and wasting my time looking after a work tool that only wished for suicide in spite of my love and attention.

Im off to watch the footy and have a strong beverage or 2.

I only buy old school Clam-shell phones myself because I either drop them or put them through the wash in my pants or jacket :lol:

I like the little clam-shells because I can fit them in the coin pocket of my pants when I go detecting or when I'm working outside, and they seem to bounce well and survive when dropped. Mrs D and my daughters keep on at me to buy a new You-Beaut smart phone, and I tell them it's pointless, as I'd either break the screen or drown it in no time. We get people come into the shop with a Barcode or QR code on their smart phone to scan, and more often than not the screen is cracked or smashed.

Smoky bandit said:
I really don't think the give a shite mate.
People have been using highbankers in Gympie ,Warwick,Glendon,ect for many years and no one seems to be getting any fines. :N:

Sorry Smokey, Well over 400 fines of $469ea have been handed out in the Warwick area in the past 3 months... The Rangers have been very heavy out there on those doing the wrong, and No Licence... Week days and Weekends... They visit Glendon every time they are in the area ATM ... :argh:

Its their New Money maker...... :money:

LW...

LoneWolf said:
Smoky bandit said:
I really don't think the give a shite mate.

Sorry Smokey, Well over 400 fines of $469ea have been handed out in the Warwick area in the past 3 months... The Rangers have been very heavy out there on those doing the wrong, and No Licence... Week days and Weekends... They visit Glendon every time they are in the area ATM ... :argh:

Its their New Money maker...... :money:

LW...
Wish they would go to Gympie GPA.
Still many using highbankers at glendon unfortunately.

Just returned from shopping at Coles and one of the Butchers there tells me his last day is in October. Why, as reported a few weeks ago, Coles is getting rid of their butchers in-store, he and the rest of them are being made redundant. I will now support a local butcher shop where the prices are more and the quality, well i will have to wait and see.
Reading the rag only to see that the Gold Medal Olympians receive $20,000 and the Paralympian Gold Medalists get SWEET FA.
No wonder this country is marked for discrimination. Whinge over, for now.
Mackka

Just got my quarterly electricity bill ...
50% increase from last bill :8
Yes its winter, yes i have used my a/c , but i live alone
According to the convenient comparison guide on my bill , i use more than a 3 person household in my area
I rang the provider (origin energy) and was told i have a smart meter ... there can be no error !
The bill does not show the meter reading (even though there is a previous/current read field),so at this point there is no way for me to confirm/challenge
The bloke on the phone(english not his first language) says we cant tell you the actual reading , thats not how the system works ... WTF !!
? Smart meter ?
He asks me if i would like to be on CHEAPER rate
ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME !!
Different rates ?
Why is any valued customer on a higher rate ?
A work mate says they get a $100ish discount (different provider) for paying on time ....WHAT !?!?!?
Im not a miser , im not gonna count every cent worth of power i use , but there must be a way for non-tech people like me to monitor whats going on , so i can challenge the smart arse system