Whinge of the day thread...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a recent hospital admission during which time I developed severe bouts of sweating, my gown and bed getting soaking wet. They put me on a drip to counter alcohol withdrawal because I mentioned I drank a few stouts daily. My daughters picked up on my chart that I had symptoms of onset of pneumonia. When it was pointed out to a nurse there was endless apologies and the appropriate treatment was administered. A two day hospital stay extended to nine days?

Mate in hospital bad leg break after bike accident. Went to visit with girlfriend at time who happened to be a senior nurse, sitting talking and she was at end of bed. Long story short, she called staff and basically it was demanded that cast be cut off. Gangrene was setting in and a good chance he could have lost his leg if gone unnoticed. Apparently she knew the smell and smelt it.:oops:

Mate in hospital bad leg break after bike accident. Went to visit with girlfriend at time who happened to be a senior nurse, sitting talking and she was at end of bed. Long story short, she called staff and basically it was demanded that cast be cut off. Gangrene was setting in and a good chance he could have lost his leg if gone unnoticed. Apparently she knew the smell and smelt it.:oops:
That along with NJ's incident is nothing short of a total bloody disgrace 😡

I was literally millimetres if not less from being paralysed at the Northern Hospital (Epping Victoria) I had a shocking headache which I get from time to time 😑 I went to my local quack and was told I needed to be driven to hospital asap to get checked out. Got triaged and they wanted to do a lumber puncture (take fluid from the base of my brain basically) So the Dr, if you can call him that, wanted me sitting upright on the bed 😳 I've had one before and said no way your going up along my spinal cord and my previous experience is laying absolutely still in a lying position. He said no we don't do it that way any more 😬🤔 I tried to get them to change their mindset but no they wouldn't. Told Kate to stay right in front of me and don't do anything other than watch me incase it goes pear shaped. Dr sticks in a few anaesthetics waits 5 minutes and says he's starting the procedure. Five seconds later I feel the sharpest pain I have ever felt, told Kate to grab me I've got no control, absolutely saturated with sweat and as white as a ghost and about to pass out. Well the Dr shat himself and called a code so people came from everywhere 😳

I was transferred to the Royal Melbourne by ambulance and placed in A&E for a while until a bed became available. While waiting I received the procedure once again lying down with nurses surrounding me to make sure I didn't move and reassuring me 😃 3 days later after MRI and other tests I was discharged. No evidence was found for the cause which Kate turned into a joke saying they couldn't find anything 😅 I hate hospitals, too often we hear horror stories yet nothing seems to change 😏

Hospitals usually beat no hospitals though. Nothing is perfect. What they need is more trained nurses....the errors rarely occur if people have time to actually look at patients properly. My wife has tried to retire for more than a year now - they simply called her back and put her on better casual rates. She finally succeeded two weeks ago and they gave her a farewell tea. A week relaxing at home and they asked her if she could come in for a further 6 months (she is pretty conscientious so she said OK). The people she works with are the same....

Hospitals usually beat no hospitals though. Nothing is perfect. What they need is more trained nurses....the errors rarely occur if people have time to actually look at patients properly. My wife has tried to retire for more than a year now - they simply called her back and put her on better casual rates. She finally succeeded two weeks ago and they gave her a farewell tea. A week relaxing at home and they asked her if she could come in for a further 6 months (she is pretty conscientious so she said OK). The people she works with are the same....
My wife's worked in the health care system for years. She's currently studying her Diploma in Nursing (RN) while working casually as an AIN.
This week she is on University Work Placement away from home which is unpaid.
No paid work for the week, no available student accommodation at the hospital she's working at this week (so we pay for a motel ourselves) & no financial assistance from anywhere as she's not a fulltime student.
Little wonder they are struggling for people to step up. We are lucky in that we can manage it financially (although not always easy), others can't.

Matt probably should be said full admiration for those that look after us, myself I blame the system failing not the people in it as have had a few situations where they have certainly helped me out over and above. Was actually just at the RFDS doctor and they really do look after you. Big thumbs up to them.👍👍👍

Couldn't agree with you more GR, I am very grateful for the health care I've received and most recently my sisters life saving operation. Sadly since my last experience quoted above if I am going to be the patient I'll more than likely be a bit apprehensive.

Unfortunately those running the health care system have/are failing miserably in my opinion. On the other hand those who administer health care predominantly are out and out champions. It's well documented how hard these people have had to fight tooth and nail for a justified pay increase. Albeit sold short time and time again by the politicians who spin it to their advantage pretty much every time the topic is tabled and then have the gaulle to swiftly vote in healthy pay increases for themselves un opposed each and every time theirs is tabled 🙄

I don't have any problems with the health professionals (everyone who performs their job with due diligence and a sense of ownership) I only dislike people who are earning a living from the public purse who are completely incompetent, that's a wide range of people sadly.

Couldn't agree with you more GR, I am very grateful for the health care I've received and most recently my sisters life saving operation. Sadly since my last experience quoted above if I am going to be the patient I'll more than likely be a bit apprehensive.

Unfortunately those running the health care system have/are failing miserably in my opinion. On the other hand those who administer health care predominantly are out and out champions. It's well documented how hard these people have had to fight tooth and nail for a justified pay increase. Albeit sold short time and time again by the politicians who spin it to their advantage pretty much every time the topic is tabled and then have the gaulle to swiftly vote in healthy pay increases for themselves un opposed each and every time theirs is tabled 🙄

I don't have any problems with the health professionals (everyone who performs their job with due diligence and a sense of ownership) I only dislike people who are earning a living from the public purse who are completely incompetent, that's a wide range of people sadly.
Yes, my wife's group has been fighting for years - they are paid 20% less than in other states. I am watching a hospital department evaporate as people leave.

Soaking wet from work and just came inside for a coffee. Turned on the ABC. What a load of shite ! They talk about mental health like they care then go about constantly telling people the world will end and if they are a certain ethnicity or gender they basically have no hope and are already f*%+@#. Sky is shite too but in a different way so I dont watch them much either. Just my opinion btw. Tv off again now and found a packet of Kingston bicuits to go with my coffee, feel much better now. Got that of my chest thanks.

Soaking wet from work and just came inside for a coffee. Turned on the ABC. What a load of shite ! They talk about mental health like they care then go about constantly telling people the world will end and if they are a certain ethnicity or gender they basically have no hope and are already f*%+@#. Sky is shite too but in a different way so I dont watch them much either. Just my opinion btw. Tv off again now and found a packet of Kingston bicuits to go with my coffee, feel much better now. Got that of my chest thanks.
The abc, using our money to provide lies and propaganda.

The abc, using our money to provide lies and propaganda.
I think the meaning of being a public servant has changed to being a self servant.
Yes, this type of bias should never be publically funded. I used to support the abc but now its just become a predictable narrative.

Its a shame because as the abc is non commercial it should be concentrating on issues that commercial outlets may not be able to because of conflicting commercial interests. Also gettting infomation to remote areas where it would be unviable for the commercial channels to bother doing so although his need may be outdated shortly due to technology.

There are dedicated nursing sisters and then there are others.
I visited an old friend who was in a remote bush hospital. On looking at his chart i said,"I didn't know you were diabetic". He said that he wasn't so I asked him why it said so on his chart.
He replied that some years previously he had been Head Stockman on a remote station and he had a row with the cook who harboured a grudge. That cook was now a Nursing Sister at the hospital and knowing that he loved eating sweet things, she marked his chart wih the diabetic notation so that the kitchen staff would ensure his sugar intake was restricted'
He thought it was petty and didn't bother to object. His treatment otherwise was exemplary.

channel abc along with sbs will done me, l get so pissed off watching adds on other channels that don't relate to australian way of life. my question is where are the australian actors in the adds on australian tv? so much for buy austraian

channel abc along with sbs will done me, l get so pissed off watching adds on other channels that don't relate to australian way of life. my question is where are the australian actors in the adds on australian tv? so much for buy austraian
Cheaper to use foreign ads and dub in Australian accents I think. TV is no longer king like it used to be and program quality or lack there of reflects that. I hardly ever watch it now and my kids even less so.

To be fair to the abc the commercial stations are no better. I just came back from a live show in Adelaide. Its based a traditional Korean story. Fantastic. It was great and healthy for daughters to see female and male characters in roles like thisScreenshot_20230311_142608.jpgScreenshot_20230311_142554.jpg whereas if I left it up to the tv to entertain them they are likely to see this on a commercial channel Screenshot_20230311_143102.jpg or this on the ABC Screenshot_20230311_144939.jpg

Last edited:
Today animal rights protesters rallied at the Adelaide Fringe protesting against am act that uses goose feathers. The spokesperson said we need to think of the suffering the goose goes thru to grow feathers!
I now feel sorry for the entire avian community, not.

Latest posts