What did you get for Xmas!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi what did you all get for Chrissie, me just got the same old socks and jocks :8

18" nugget finder mono (round). works like a treat - very happy with it. Super sensitive.

reversible air drill and a few accessories , now I can grind some sandstone into shapes worth looking at (maybe) and have the water on at the same time to keep the dust down. I think it's very important to have an extreme amount of input into what you shall receive, and a good understanding woman that will work in with you to help make your dreams come true.

the big fat red clothed bastard didnt bring me anything this year but my daughter got alot of goodies
next year its gonna be a garrett ace 250 hope she likes it lol, i know i will hahahaha :D

I bought my own present. A 24" round DD coil. Should have also bought myself some protein coz my shoulders are gonna need the muscle mass.

Wow you guys have done Ok! Well apart from the socks and jocks , I did get to go camping for 5 days up in the maintain area in Tasmania's highland country , that was as good as any present , just piece and quite ,know one anywhere :cool:

A 50" foldup sluice box. Just need to find a good spot, with running water, around Bendigo, to hopefully find some colour. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

silver said:
... I think it's very important to have an extreme amount of input into what you shall receive, and a good understanding woman that will work in with you to help make your dreams come true...

My lovely other half gave me an Angus McKirk Alaskan Flare Sluice...I would have been happy with a Grubsteak, but she twisted my arm :)
Just need to wait until the anti-biotics kick in for the daughter to feel a bit better and we'll head down Gippsland way to try it out.

I don't know how they knew but I got exactly what I wanted. A Trangia camp stove. It even has a kettle for my morning coffee. :D

Those trangia camp stoves are an amazing piece of camping/backpacker kit. I got one for my B-day a couple years back and take it with me on solo motorcycle adventures.

silver said:
reversible air drill and a few accessories , now I can grind some sandstone into shapes worth looking at (maybe) and have the water on at the same time to keep the dust down. I think it's very important to have an extreme amount of input into what you shall receive, and a good understanding woman that will work in with you to help make your dreams come true.

a bloke and his missus working together as a team can maybe achieve more than 3 people working alone

but it serves those 3 people right , they shouldna been out prospectin in the bush all alone like that anyway :p

;)

Latest posts