What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My great grandpa managed the papermill there, (bottom right but not visible) that used a waterwheel driven by the river
If you look closely above the bank on the right hand side you can see a line of brown reeds. That is the old water race that provided the water to power the water wheel at the mill.
Many of the old buildings and workers cottages are still there and has become something of an artist‘s precinct now.

Spinich.jpg

I'm sitting down to my second helping of Saag. Dad used to cook it using the Chinese cabbage that grew in the garden every year since the seeds came in from Pakistan back in the 1800's. I don't have the same Chinese cabbage because of the plant import restrictions in WA but I have Spinach going wild in the aquaponics.

Saag 1.jpg

It's a good opportunity to cook it while Mrs M is away. She doesn't like spinach.

Saag 2.jpg

This was meant to be for my dinner but I don't think it's going to last :)

😂 😂 No no its not on fire now 😂
Funny story a couple months ago I decided it was time to defrost the old fridge
So I put it outside & waited 1 day then 2 days .
And stuff all melted ,
Then I had a Brain wave " USE THE BLOW TOURCH "
Was all going good ice was melting like a Champ
Then something distracted me & I looked away for a second ( I know I know )
Then could smell something On 🔥 OH CRAP OH CRAP .
Yep I set the inside lining on Fire 😞

Ok, it’s not right now, but I did stop at a really nice spot for a coffee and a bit of lunch. Beats workin’…
‘For the sandgropers here, Tim’s Thicket, just south of Mandurah.

Attachments

• FEBA897F-D28C-4832-8878-573EE2901ECE.jpeg
    18.2 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts