What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nursing a sore tooth :confused:

I've been busy making a new Geocache that has been a bit labour intensive. This geocache is going in the middle of town in plain sight so needs to be tamperproof. That's not easy when it also has to be accessible to a wide range of people from children to us oldies. Sometimes these things go missing too.

Bunyip.jpg

This little Bunyip (geocache) is a good example. We placed it in Bunyip Road on Christmas Day 2014. You can see by the disturbed dirt around it that we had to return shortly after to reposition it. It's heavy enough that we placed it with the Hiab crane and then poured a concrete foundation to make sure it stayed put. A couple of weeks later it was found to be tilting to one side where some idiot had attempted to steal it.

We shouldn't have quite the same problem here because this geocache is much more exposed to local pedestrian and vehicular traffic. In any case it pays to take precautions so yesterday I took a short trip up to our nearby lease and picked up a chunk of 100x50 solid steel 1800mm long. It weighs 70kg so I intend to use a good chunk of that in the mounting of this cache.

Anyway back to the tooth. It was quite warm here today, 28°C they reckon but it felt hotter. I came in late feeling a bit peckish and looked in the fridge. There's not too much there in the snackable variety because I left Mrs M home alone for a couple of months. I spotted a bar of white chocolate that I brought home with me. It was a bit hard being in the fridge and as I chomped on it I heard a front tooth crack. It still looks normal, well as normal as anything on my face, but it's very lose so it seems to be broken away from the root.

I don't have any back teeth so I need the few front ones that are left and I really don't want a big gappy smile. I was telling Mrs M about it and she suggested I call the dentist in Meekatharra. I checked their times and they close at 4:30pm and it was 4:33pm so I thought I try my luck. It was a mobile number anyway and was answered almost immediately. The lovely lady on the other end informed me that she couldn't do much today being Sunday but she would get somebody to call me in the morning to make an appointment and hopefully fit me in tomorrow afternoon.

I apologised for calling on Sunday but as I told her, everyday around here is a Sunday ;)

The difficulty is that Meekatharra is 115km north. Now if I'm going to drive that far I'm planning to hang around a while so I spent the next couple of hours transferring all my gear from the little Merc van into the bus. I've got the quad loaded, the GPX4500, GPX6000 and SDC2300 packed. The 4500 hasn't been used for months but within an hour the battery was charged, I wish the 6000 was like that.

I've turned the fridge on but I won't put anything inside until I actually get the appointment but I've just about packed everything else. I hadn't intended to go so soon but my arm has been twisted 😎

Right now I'm at my old mates, Boots Hurley's house at Tarrington in the Western Districts of Victoria, I've come over for a funeral of another great mate that's being celebrated at his farm tomorrow. Boots breeds Kelpies and we had to take some of them out for a run this evening, I've got so many pictures that I'D drive you insane, they are just the ultimate Head Em Up Round Em Up, Rawhide.20220929_170946.jpg20220929_171210.jpg

Attachments

• 20220929_143404.jpg
    20220929_143404.jpg
    10.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220929_170837.jpg
    20220929_170837.jpg
    14.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220929_170840.jpg
    20220929_170840.jpg
    14.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220929_170843.jpg
    20220929_170843.jpg
    12.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220929_170857.jpg
    20220929_170857.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 0
Right now I'm at my old mates, Boots Hurley's house at Tarrington in the Western Districts of Victoria, I've come over for a funeral of another great mate that's being celebrated at his farm tomorrow. Boots breeds Kelpies and we had to take some of them out for a run this evening, I've got so many pictures that I'D drive you insane, they are just the ultimate Head Em Up Round Em Up, Rawhide.View attachment 4921View attachment 4923
My young bloke just paid 11.5k for one in the last week 😬 he's been working with them for four years now. Like all good tools of the trade, quality comes at a price. He works hard for his quid and saves just as much, time will tell if his investment yields a return.

Working dogs comes with a double meaning 😅 life's bloody cruel with its twist and turns 😅 🐕 🍻

😅😅😅 I know exactly how you feel mate. I call our grandkids Cyclone followed by their surname 😊 it's befitting for each and every one of them 😅🍻
Yep I call ours Hurricane Honour, Dartanyan the Destroyer, Cali the Cyclone, thank fully Patrick is only eight weeks old and yet to be “christened”, probably be Patrick the Plague.

My 12" evo was losing its 5hit, tried squeezing the female wire plugs in the plug hoping it was just a loose connection on the pins and nope, problem remains.
Just pulled the plug apart and found this crack in the lead and exposed wires under where the metal sleeve sits 😟20221003_204122.jpg20221003_204847.jpg

Latest posts