Well..Well..Well.. A hole in the Ground

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmeroz

Aaron
Reaction score
Ok everyone I need some DIY ideas and hints or tips...

How do you find out whats on the bottom of a Well?

I know of an old Water Well from late 1890's and would like to know if anything lays lost on the bottom of it.

The problem is its about 8 foot deep, made out of old brick walls. But the top foot or two of the walls has sagged inwards. So its not as easy as dropping a ladder in it due to the top being unstable. ( and a bit of a walk to the well from the car )

I was trying to think of some kind of contraption to be able to scrape the bottom or something..

The only thing i could think of to start with is getting my hands on someones long swimming pool scoop net and try that or modify it to be able to get a better scrape of whats on the bottom...

Ill try and post a photo in the next day or so

any ideas ? or anyone been there done that ?

:)

Forgot to say its only about 1foot of water and 8foot deep in total maybe 1 or 2 more

I like the magnet fishing idea. I only have a small rare earth one but no hole for tieing onto. But wouldnt think they would get coins tho?

Hi All,

First of all you would need permission to extract anything and if you found anything at all would it belong to you, if you found out these things first it would make a find that much better

It's a bit like detecting in WA we can't go anywhere we like it usually belongs to someone

Ron

Latest posts