Weatherproof headphones for the CTX 3030....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabwoody

Darren
Reaction score
Hi all....been looking at weatherproof headphones for the CTX (not for diving). I bought a set of Surffones from a member of MLOF (Malcolm Potter), and I have to say....Bloody awesome! Both the product and the service. I was looking for a set of headphones for the CTX that could be worn in the rain and cope with the occasional drop in the water without being affected. I originally looked at the GGUW phones but all the reviewers whose posts I read complained of the same thing-very low volume, even with the CTX cranked up. I bought a set of yellow Koss UW phones and same result (not much use for me as I predominantly beach hunt so wind/wave noise is an issue). I ordered a set of Mal's Surffones and they arrived two weeks later....fantastic (I live in Australia). I used them last night (all night hunt) for the first time. The build quality is excellent, better than any of the other headphones I've owned. They are a snug fit and block out most background noise very well but still allow you to hear enough of what's going on around you to feel comfortable, safety wise. The audio is fantastic, and this combined with the reduction in background noise allowed me to hear more signals than I could previously. They can be loud so you will probably need to reduce the volume. They also come with a twelve month warranty. All in all, a well made, well priced product that I would recommend to anyone. You can contact him and read other reviews of his headphones on MLOF. Cheers.
1410675597_img_8992-vert.jpg

1410675597_img_8994-vert.jpg

1410675597_img_9010-vert.jpg

Latest posts