We have found our zen!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to pop in here and say hi :)

My husband and young kids took our caravan out to Hill End a few weekends ago (22 years after we last went there on school camp!) and have fallen head over heels for fossicking/panning/prospecting - the works!

We love that it gets you outdoors and into nature and its just so damn peaceful when you are panning. Seems to us to be the antidote to the hustle and bustle of modern day life.

My hubby doesnt have too many hobbies so I am really keen to develop this one as it is something he can do solo or something we can enjoy as a family.

We have always watched all the gold shows on TV religiously so this feels like the next step... to get out and look for a colour or two ourselves. With any luck well even find some :lol:

Anyways, thanks in advance for all the advice and information we will no doubt glean from these pages.

See you out there!

Hello Zalimama, nice intro and welcome to PA.
Youre right this is a great hobby in all its forms.
Hope you find some gold soon.

Welcome Zalimama,
Family time in the great outdoors is always great.
Good luck finding some gold.

Cheers,
Megsy

G'day Zalimama and family welcome to PA :Y: all the best when you get out amongst it :beer: :goldnugget: :goldpan: :pickshovel: :100:

Welcome Aboard Zalimama. I understand your feelings about it all. I love every minute of getting up early and getting out in the field.

Keep that enthusiasm going :Y:

G'Day Zalimama

Have a look on youtube at Vo-Gus Prospecting. He is based in NE Victoria and I do stuff with him. He takes it to the next level by showing not just what he is doing but showing you how to do it, what to look for and what to avoid. its a complete prospecting school. I spent most of my life as a profession gold explorer as a geologist and I can tell you I have learnt more from this bloke than I ever knew before.

Araluen

Thank you so much for everyones kind welcome and thanks for the Vo-Gus Prospecting tip. We have been trawling YouTube watching lots of videos but not sure we have come across those ones as yet. Will check it out for sure :Y:

Latest posts