Warning,, MX-Sport Made In China ??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day folks, Some on one of the forums has just told me that his MX-Sport Came with "Made In China Stickers on it, Being quite shocked at what he said so I asked him again and he said "YES" that was Fact, So it seems they are getting parts made in China and they are becoming part of the machine. Because some bits are now being farmed out.

One thing I liked about Whites is that they said "Made in America" on them, I guess they won't be putting that on their machines anymore, aye.

Pretty sure both Whites & Garrett, although both saying Made in America, have been manufactured in America (+ Scotland - Whites??) using both locally sourced where possible & internationally sourced parts. I know Garretts website has (or did have) a disclaimer saying as much on it. I believe this was also the case when Minelabs were "made" in Australia - they were manufactured here from local & internationally sourced parts.

It's common knowledge that most electronics now have mostly Asian made parts. Although some of these parts can be dodgy there are also some quite reputable & reliable companies too that are doing good things with their own products + ideas (not the dopes over there that copy everything).

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it but in saying that I wouldn't buy a MX-Sport (in it's current state) either. ;)

Edit: Scotland not Ireland

mbasko said:
Pretty sure both Whites & Garrett, although both saying Made in America, have been manufactured in America (+ Scotland - Whites??) using both locally sourced where possible & internationally sourced parts. I know Garretts website has (or did have) a disclaimer saying as much on it. I believe this was also the case when Minelabs were "made" in Australia - they were manufactured here from local & internationally sourced parts.

It's common knowledge that most electronics now have mostly Asian made parts. Although some of these parts can be dodgy there are also some quite reputable & reliable companies too that are doing good things with their own products + ideas (not the dopes over there that copy everything).

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it but in saying that I wouldn't buy a MX-Sport (in it's current state) either. ;)

Edit: Scotland not Ireland

The TDI SL has a hologram sticker on the back and so does the MXT A/P But the GMT has the Made in the U.S.A. flag on the back, I think the Hologram means they are made for Export But the Box says of the MXT says Made In The U.S.A. But the Writing on the machine and on the Serial numbers says made in the USA. I don't think Whites UK makes them anymore and they are all imported, They had to bring the TDI Pro in Via special and also that 15" Concentric MXT Max Coil, So I think that they are just importing them now, but I have to phone them Monday re some coils so I will ask them,

That old Whites 5900 Di Pro Plus I bought is from 1989 and it actually has Made In Scotland printed on the Dial.

Latest posts