Wanted reliable 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a 2004 3.0L challenger. You can pick them up pretty cheap. They have a good ride height, plenty of room in the back, and are pretty zippy around town. Only real issue is a poor turning circle, and when fully loaded they do guzzle the fuel. Only mechanical/electrical issues I had was with the 4wd transfer case, it seemed to have a mind of it's own. Did a lot of research before taking it to the mechanics, and ended up just spraying the crap out of all the sensors and that solved the problem.

Another underrated cheap 4x4 that would be worth checking out is a Jackeroo.

PhaseTech said:
Another underrated cheap 4x4 that would be worth checking out is a Jackeroo.

Definitely.

I had a 1995 3.1 litre Jackaroo which has been across/around Australia no less than 4 times, with plenty of Vic goldfields trips on top of that.

Nice and compact on the outside, spacious enough on the inside. Economical enough at 10 km per litre.

If looking at a diesel Jackaroo, it's advisable to stay away from the U8 series 3.0 litre diesel (1998 to 2004), as they have a very fragile/high-maintenace fuel system which is very expensive to have repaired.

One of my reasons for the NM pajero is comfort as a day trip to the GT involves a six hour drive for me and still get you anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts