Vortex Dream Sluice Mat Test

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0lddigg@

Dustin
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
I've been keeping an eye on David Peterson's Designs from the Montana he's ideas are pretty cool, he's had some cells developed for some time and now he's released this dream matting so i forked out the hard earned to test this stuff out and have been talking with David about it allot ever since.
I really need to smooth my water out and reduce some air for the next test as the material i was working didn't need to be blasted as bad but i shot a movie of the test..... its way too long but its long to address what i look at in a mat.

It's pretty awesome stuff let me know what you think.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/zc1G8JL-Zwk[/video]
1457908863_rainbow.jpg

Good morning GD

Thanks for the share ... that's great

is there a retail price yet??

cheers

hey mate currently they are $74, $86, $96 USD freight over here is a killer... Montana to Ballarat cost me $260 landed. I'm in discussions with the owner to let me make it here in Australia :)

me too mate, i love my gh mats, ive literally spent thousands and think they are awesome but you have to agree its a bit painful having to cut and glue and stuff around but once its done its done.

the vortex is just cell there's multiple products they are developing, and what i Love about David he's a straight up solutions engineer designing solutions for common problems for prospectors. that my kind of engineer.
check these out.
1457916875_received_10204476518071316.jpeg

G0lddigg@ said:
me too mate, i love my gh mats, ive literally spent thousands and think they are awesome but you have to agree its a bit painful having to cut and glue and stuff around but once its done its done.

the vortex is just cell there's multiple products they are developing, and what i Love about David he's a straight up solutions engineer designing solutions for common problems for prospectors. that my kind of engineer.
check these out.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...57/1457916875_received_10204476518071316.jpeg

Interesting - Its like a bend in a river with a back eddy....

as far as profiles on the GH mats, I use UR, scrubber and razorback combos, yes it is a bit of a pain gluing it all together but I have not had any fall apart yet.

I enjoy the small amount of cons to process plus the visible gold I always see in the UR section which is at the top.

I cannot let myself go a long time to let all the black sands exchange out though - I just dont trust it that far.

Cheers

thats it isn;t it Bazza the small amount of cons you cant beat... and to me that means better exchange = more places for gold to drop out. i put it in every highbanker i build and my sluices but not everyone can afford to buy 3 or 4 matts to get the variations. lets hope this stuff fixes that. and i'm not saying it has but its looking good.

i still intend on running this with one of my long gh mats con-figs to check losses. interesting times

hexagon door mat from bunnings brilliant thats all i use at eldorado beechworth cheap as chips

phil said:
hexagon door mat from bunnings brilliant thats all i use at eldorado beechworth cheap as chips

i did some testing on that stuff a few years back, didn;t have good exchange found it packed up too fast for Ballarat with heavies, might be better in granite country

Latest posts