Vic Goldfields arent always shades of brown and grey..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was driving past a worked gully and just had to take a photo. A little too much topsoil to detect successfully but the mullock heaps may be worth a look.

1465171656_file-5-06-2016-11-10-10-am.jpg

Yeah i noticed the last two weeks around here that the back 40 (not really lol) has reallly burst into new growth and looks terrific after 6 months of dead grasses...

Nice pic SP...

Fair enough mate, damn that's some seriously greened up ground. None like that in the GT though we have had some good rain in the last few weeks. I asked because I used to do photography years ago on film and noticed when I went digital that everything got outrageously enhanced. Sunsets went from earthly colours to looking like they were from Mars. Normal greens to lolly coloured greens. Most digital cams will do that and give BS tones and colour. Look good but not true "What You See Is What You Get" photo,s.

Water still flowing out through the old buried creekbed that became a surface gold producing spot that the old timers found and worked ,... greener because of its generous extra share of ground moisture finding its way along the buried creekbed after rain somehow ,... maybe a sign that there could be good gold in the hill at a deeper level unworked if the old fellas rushed off to somewhere better after just getting the easy stuff, could be worth more thought than just the wow photograph opportunity ! ;) 8) :D :cool:
ps it could just be an old water race somewhere channeling the rain down a shallow shaft too, making a nice green spring soak of it all by the time it leaches out and gets sucked up by all the fresh vegetation. :( :D

Iv come across scenes like this in the bush and and it just takes your breath away.
One of the reasons i love prospecting.
Beautiful pic SteelPat.

Wish I had of got some photos but didn't but there's fungi coming up in the gt that i'v never seen before . Some little ones only a few millimeter size that were bright yellow.

Latest posts