VEGE PATCH. What's growing in yours?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mango trees are flowering profusely, could be a good season I recon.
Screenshot_20230718-145938_Gallery.jpg
Not many Oranges this year compared to other recent years
Screenshot_20230718-145953_Gallery.jpg
But the mandies are insane
Screenshot_20230718-150014_Gallery.jpg
As were the lemons, but they are finishing up now
Screenshot_20230718-150054_Gallery.jpg
Plenty of birdseyes on
Screenshot_20230718-150225_Gallery.jpg
And there have been a lot of passion fruit, this one will get cut back shortly like the others
Screenshot_20230718-150242_Gallery.jpg
Coconut is loaded
Screenshot_20230718-150259_Gallery.jpg
And finally, banana's will be continuously ripening over spring, I think there are 5 Bunches going to rippen over that time frame.
Screenshot_20230718-150325_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230718-150339_Gallery.jpg
Funnily enough I'm on a lion/carnivore (add in some Bacon and eggs some times) diet, so, fruit n veggies are off the menu for me lol.

But , on the bright side, I lost 10kg over the last ninety days by this way of living.

And no food will go to waste hey !

When is it safe to move these cactus to bigger pots ? I sprouted these from seed after sewing them in microwaved potting mix on a heat pad. Just wondering if I have to wait longer ? Know a bit about some other plants but no idea with cactus. Screenshot_20231003_173749.jpg
they have some special dna and these few sprouts are out of about 50 seeds so dont want to kill them now.

Spring time and everything is just growing so well. Lemons as high as an elephants eye.
Roses, not actually in the veggie patch but still. The orange one is a Just Joey but don’t know the pink one, but just can’t help stopping to have a sniff.

Attachments

• IMG_1900.jpeg
    IMG_1900.jpeg
    217.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1897.jpeg
    IMG_1897.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1899.jpeg
    IMG_1899.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 0
We don't have much of a backyard, but we've made the most of it. In the retained garden bed along the fence it's mainly Yuccas and succulents but they are broken up by Orange, Lemon and Lime trees and we have a Japanese pear. Also have a plum tree that is hit and miss, some years it goes nuts, other years it's slim pickings.
In the vege patch it's strawberries, mint, oregano, lettuce, spinach and a giant bay tree in the corner. Also try to grow basil and tomatoes with varied success.

How did your Mangoes hold up ? Did they set and produce Fruit ?.... Just curious...

LW...
Sure did Lonewolf, this is the common
Screenshot_20231129-173657_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231129-173728_Gallery.jpg
And this is the bowen(a bit sparce)
Screenshot_20231129-173755_Gallery.jpg
Thought I'd take some shots of the moringa cuttings while I was out there.
Screenshot_20231129-173820_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231129-173841_Gallery.jpg
Huge cuttings, went straight to flower, hopefully they will leaf up and survive ok.

no pics but the bowen here lost about 60% of the mangos and the bats have eaten about 5% of what was left already, they must be bloody hungry , rock hard green and eating the skin of them only
the banana one has lost about 2% of the mangos and the bats are leaving them alone at the moment

a bit strange this season as it is the bowen (KP) variety that has thrown the mangos
it is usually about the same for both varieties

Probly a year where bags are needed to save a feed on the mango trees then. The bats here have been into a few, but mainly eating the icecream beans and Alexander palm fruit maybe that's keeping them full enough for the time being. My bats are huge as well, so maybe they chase off all the competition for my trees. You can spray fish emulsion around, I've heard that stops the bats from coming (must make it impossible for them to smell anything ripening).

Many years ago , I cut down all the fruit trees in the yard, peaches, figs, olives, all gone because of the bats getting caught up in the anti bird netting. It was a constant call to the “Batman” to come and untangle them and take them away. They are just pests and should be exterminated.

Many years ago , I cut down all the fruit trees in the yard, peaches, figs, olives, all gone because of the bats getting caught up in the anti bird netting. It was a constant call to the “Batman” to come and untangle them and take them away. They are just pests and should be exterminated.
No bat nets here Mackks, so thankfully no problems with batman at all

Latest posts