V8 Supercars

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Who's watching the V8 on the box ? Ford,Holden,Nissan or merc? How's going to win?

I'm not watching but it would be a shake up for Nissan or Mercedes to win :lol:

:lol: :lol: About time too and how sweet it is :lol:
I think a tall frosty one is in order!!!
Great race, great last 20 laps and :lol:

A reluctant congrats to Ford but Holden will return to the podium next year! Now the question must be: Will Toyota, BMW and Volvo man-up and join the fray or continue to campaign for a down-grade to a four-cylinder formula?

Ok a very old Topic that needs to be Resurrected I feel, as a few on here are into them... Well I know Manpa is anyhow... :lol:

So I found out some interesting stuff today about our V8 Supercars...

Firstly Im Shedding a Tear...

I found This today on the Net looking for sneaky footage of Scotty from Thursday...

Im Sad, My Fav V8 Supercar Driver Has gone off to the Big Apple for His first race in an Indy Car.. :Y:

We all knew that, BUT here is the Killer, He's NOT coming Back... :N: :(

Today, It was Announced Rodger Penske Signed up Scott McLaughlin for Next Season in Indycar...

A Full-Time Drive in Penske's 4 car team.... :clap: Im stoked for Him... :power:

Also in Other Penske News, Penske also Quit the Partnership with DJR as of Today... Wonder Why? :cool: {)

DJR have said they Will be in Supercars next year, but that's all they have said about the 'Deal' and Scotty gone forever...

Will Davidson with Anton De Whatever :) are mooted as Scott and Fabs replacements for next year as well...

Quite a few are getting worried that they won't have a Drive Next Year...

Also I found some pic of what the Gen3 Supercar will look like to replace the Holden Commodore to help topple the Mighty Mustangs...

A Chevy Camaro.... Nice... But they need the rules to be changed slightly so they can fit the 'Roofline' onto the Aussie Supercar Frame and Roll Cage.

Talks are taking place ATM with the Ford and ex Holden teams and Supercar Officials...

Castrol Car is a Mustang.... Pennrite car is a Camaro... For comparison...

1603544981_hfkkahtbennsnguv4oyd.jpg

RedBull Camaro.. :eek: :clap:
1603546019_message-editor_1602768581530-red-bull-camaro-side.jpg

LW....

LoneWolf said:
A Chevy Camaro.... Nice... But they need the rules to be changed slightly so they can fit the 'Roofline' onto the Aussie Supercar Frame and Roll Cage.

LW....

Yes well the actual Gen3 won't even line up on the grid till 2022 season, next year 2021 won't look much different to this year.

The rules for Gen3 says all the panels on the cars must be able to fit the equivalent road cars, the race cars panels are no doubt made from light weight material but still must be able to fit on a road car. The engines will be the same as now but with slightly less power, and the race cars will be 100kg lighter than now.

The Gen3 race cars have to be the same width as the road car they represent, (a bit narrower than now) and it seems to me from reading, the same roof height to ground as well.

Not sure if any Camaro's will be actually be on the grid next year.

I think it will be interesting over the next two years as teams work towards the Gen 3 model, there are some good drivers who are going to miss out on drives as some of the young up and comers are snapped up. I thought this years Bathurst pairings were the strongest we have seen in years and I quite enjoyed not having international drivers taking rides that could be taken by recent semi retired drivers.
Good luck to Scott and good luck to DJR, I hope they have learnt from lessons of the past and can stay financially viable.

Super Silhouete have put themselves in a corner and I hope they disappeare.Lets have proper Touring cars racing again..

Latest posts