UPDATE WA Trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WalnLiz

Wal nLiz
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick update on our WA Trip. Nuggets are flowing fairly freely though tending to be on the smaller side compared to last year. Blow tubing is proving very successful for Liz and quite a few grams has succumbed to the foot long piece of plastic tubing. Spending another 2 weeks in the Kimberly Region before heading to the gemfields in the Mt. Isa Region.

Hope success is following you all around during the winter.

Cheers,
Wal & Liz

1404803636_img_1756_1280x956.jpg

Awesome Wal.

I can imagine the weight in your hands with all of that gold.

Hope you find a big one.

What I can I say? Fantastic guys - making us jealous here :) wish you all the best in your gem hunt

Ditto down south of you Wal-Liz my bro is up tp 40 odd nuggets but only small ? seems to be the
story this year , any ideas on why ?? apparently everyone experiencing the same thing . is it the machines , not walking over it or flogged ground ? however Gold is Gold . it's great to hear you guys
are doing so well over there , and warmer to boot - wish you both a prosperous finish to your adventure .
Cheers Colin.

cormorant said:
Ditto down south of you Wal-Liz my bro is up tp 40 odd nuggets but only small ? seems to be the
story this year , any ideas on why?

Could it be machine settings and a smaller coil size?

cormorant said:
story this year , any ideas on why ?? apparently everyone experiencing the same thing . is it the machines , not walking over it or flogged ground ? .

Nah the big nuggets can afford the new " metal detector detectors" so they get notified when a detector is nearby and they get time to dig down a few feet extra.

small nuggets however ,...... they just cant afford that kind of technology 8.(

That's an impressive haul there Wal, hope to get over to the West myself about this time next year so please leave at least one or two wee nuggies for me to find. :lol:
I trust that you managed to restrain yourself from swatting that pesky little critter on your left hand. It would be a bit of a bugger trying to retrieve all those bits from the dirt again.
Anyway, have a great trip, looking forward to seeing more of your vids.

I have finally got my computer back up and running and the first post I look at is this WOW :eek: awesome got to be happy with that.

I am very jealous right now. Well done keep the pics coming and enjoy the rest of your trip.
Cheers Dozer :)

What a nice haul WalnLiz! Fantastic to see.

Hope the weather's been cooperating. What a great time to be out on the fields getting some gold to warm you up!

All the best and stay safe out there.
Shauno.

Latest posts