Tuena and Tuena Creek NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's pretty disappointing that people could do this to our country let alone our hobby, it just kills it for everyone else. Hopefully the ramifications from this will be low but I guess time will tell.

Bing, on the matter of you getting stuck in the creek mate, this photo was taken by a passing fossicker. You really should be more careful :lol:

art-Dogrescuer-620x349.jpg

Was my truck mate the rear diff sat on the bed rock. But yes your right I should be more careful. Where was that fellow trapped , here or overseas?

I wouldn't take my dog there it's baited with the 1080 or something a dog bait. Also cutting down the tress? There's plenty of fallen timber on the side of the road heading to tuena from both directions and as for rubbish well really how hard is it to take it with you. I hate seeing the rubbish in creeks mainly beer bottles and ciggie butts. Take a bag and take it with u. Not too hard to do

I was there to and I also seen the tree the farmer is talking about as I parked right next to it. Hope they don't think it was me. I'm fairly dodgy lookin at the best of times.

Hey Greg, I can relate to that - Way back when 20 or so, I pulled over to light a ciggy, as couldnt get it lit whilst driving, got it lit & pulled out back onto road. 10 seconds later 2 detectives pulled me over & when I asked "Why" , he said, "You have a rough head" . Gota luv that , NOT

What day were you there Greg? The tree up near the far end was the small one there was one twice the size of that one further up the hill not far off the road,

1380014495_image.jpg

Hey bing
The red arrow is where I parked and where the tree is that I think your talking about. The green arrow is where the people were camping and I was at the blue arrow.
I got there about 10:30 Sunday morning.

Unfortunately guys, these are some of the people we attract to these areas when we have open forums.
Had the same problem with some up in Qld. Ruined it for most.

Remember, according to most state fossicking acts fossicking is a hobby and not to be a source of income.

Unfortunately there are some that go crazy at the mention of gold or other valuables and think they can do what they like.

If we are to retain the privilege of fossicking we should respect all property owners property and wishes as well as treating the fossicking areas with respect.

If you want to find more, do some research, exploration, do the legal thing and put in a mining lease application.

I did 17 years ago, (I'm not mining gold though). I also have my share of people who think they can just turn up on someone else's (My) lease and keep what they find. That also is an offence.

If I know them and they are courteous and I'm there, sure, I might have let them have a scratch, but now I am bound by oh&s, public liability and such so now it's a big no from me.

Property owners are bound by similar laws, so appreciate what you have, find out who is responsible and put a stop to it before we all miss out.

I also love to wash a pan of dirt for a few specks here and there, (but like most) I am careful to not upset the property owners.

Do the right thing guys.

Here Here Keen Ken I agree with everything you just said. I will be going back out there next week and I will go and speak to the owner and find out what the outcome with the Police was. And Greg I wasn't there on Sunday I was there for a couple of hours on Saturday and Monday , anyhow hope you found a little bit of colour and enjoyed your day.

Cheers
Bing

I was there Monday also at the same spot but only about 50 metres from the crossing, I was'nt camping though. I normally avoid fossicking during school holidays...... but was keen for a dig.

I would have been pretty angry too if I were the property owner if they did that.

hi , pretty much any where, was goin to b there this weekend but work stuffed me up.. try to dig down to bedrock and when u c ironstone u r in the right area... also found if u have riffles in your banker u may hav to clean out more often cause sand tends to block them up abit but I am new too this also , good luck :) ( ironstone is a purple / murone lookin stone )

There are a lot of fossickers from this forum that pan and highbank at tuena maybe you will
Come across someone to give you a few tips on where to go
I will give you one spot to dig and you will find some nice gold,cross the creek at the bottom
of the caravan park go through the gate you will come to a flat area where you
can camp look for a stump in the middle of the creek anywhere along the far bank you will
find the yellow stuff.....
Happy Digging...
Cheers GR........

Nice one GR I was going to dig there in a couple of weekends. :p all jokes aside it has given up some good gold just along that stretch .
Cheers
Skip

Keeping them at tuena so you and I can hit black cat creek in peace see you there in a few days mate

hereskip said:
Nice one GR I was going to dig there in a couple of weekends. :p all jokes aside it has given up some good gold just along that stretch .
Cheers
Skip

Haha hereskip and goldrocks online :D last time we discussed tuena it caused a new goldrush.

Latest posts