Tuena and Tuena Creek NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bing :)

I was at Tuena myself on the Saturday for a very short while (too short). I have the same question as Paul - where abouts were you?

I drove past the picnic area but it was deserted.

4 grams would be nice , i spent the weekend scouting and loaming in a new spot for about 0.1 grams . lol

doesnt hurt to remind people about the snakes , i saw a stephens banded snake today in NSW and had no idea what it was until i came home and searched snake pictures

I stood still for 20 seconds and it moved on .

just happy it wasnt a tiger or brown .

Well done Bing, look forward to catching up with you next time.
Dozer

Thanks for the heads up on the snake mate its good to know where their moving about. cheers john. (sorry about the pun) :/

Answer to your questions i was down near the crossing on mt Costigan rd the one that runs off the rd to Peelwood

Regards Bing

I was at Mt. Costingan road too. You weren't there in the Silver 4wd were you?

I rocked up & got to use my Wal banker for about 3/4hr before I had to leave.. Happy with the results though ;)

Tuena had 27mm of rain in the last 24 hours so I would expect the creek is running quite well.

Went last weekend couldn't get the new Angus to work properly wasn't enough flow. I knew I should have taken the highbanker. All up .5 of a gram just panning in a spot not too far from tuena.

headbut said:
Anyone going this Sunday ?

Thinking .. but dont know where should go... Went to camp site last time (and was my first time) got nothing so lost confidence there :/

Don't lose confidence there is a lot more spots on the creek to dig
there will be a few of us there on the 28th 29th for a dig and could
show you a few good spots to dig...
Cheers GR....

Goldrocs said:
Don't lose confidence there is a lot more spots on the creek to dig
there will be a few of us there on the 28th 29th for a dig and could
show you a few good spots to dig...
Cheers GR....

Hi GR,

I can try to make it on 29 but if can make it the wk after (i.e. long wkend), anyday (10days off from work) is better as I will go to an observatory near north west on 28 night (just want to make sure I have enough sleep :p... Im the only driver).

Either day works fine for me and if you dont mind tell me (in here or PM) where should we meet. One of the reasons I wanna meet you guys is "OH&S" as Im the only person in my friend group who went to gold panning before, as a beginner and never deal with snake I prefer to have someone professional nearby.

Hi,sorry to say that the long weekend is out for me as it is my fishing
weekend in the snowy mountains,29th of this month there will be a
few camping across the creek from the camp ground,there will be
a few to give you a few pointers....Cheers GR...

Goldrocs said:
Hi,sorry to say that the long weekend is out for me as it is my fishing
weekend in the snowy mountains,29th of this month there will be a
few camping across the creek from the camp ground,there will be
a few to give you a few pointers....Cheers GR...

Thanks
I will speak to my friends first (Im the only one who has a car and DL -_-) hope can make it....

Hi all . This is a bit of info for those who fossick at Tuena. I was there this weekend which was the start of the school holidays as everyone knows. On Monday I went down to the crossing of the Tuena Creek at Mt Costigan Rd the one that Runs off Peelwood Rd. When I got there someone had cut down two large trees which were dead, I was approached by the owner who is generous enough to let us on his property to camp and fossick . I have to say he was not impressed , There was a group of people who were the only ones camping there and it appeared that they were the ones who had cut down these trees, The owner I know as Wayne Had a dummy spit and said that he has had enough of the rubbish and unnecessary damage being caused to the property. He also complained about people and there dogs chasing the sheep one group of people with pig dogs were asked to leave, He was going to involve the Police in this matter. These people also went through a gate onto a property to access the river down stream, He was also not impressed with that and stated to me that the owner would also be unhappy about this. He said that he has no problem with people camping and fossicking ,there is a drum there to put rubbish in if you don't want to take it with you, Its not hard . Its hard enough as it is to get access to a property . I don't know the outcome of what occurred but I'm sure we will find out . On a finer note I got stuck on some bed rock trying to cross the creek on Sunday And Two fellow fossickers were kind enough to offer there help ,if there on the forum just like to say thanks again.

Regards Bing

Latest posts