Tuena and Tuena Creek NSW information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Dave.. Sad to hear about the gear...They should b strung up by the balls :mad: (if they had any ) Hope the gear turns up again
Cheers Tim.

Some sort of identification on entry so that they know who's going in and who to go too if some thing like this happens maybe.
Hope who ever it was gets caught.. idiots always ruin things for the rest of us.

You might have something there Silver.Could be someone is just trying to stop us going there altogether.Seems like they have taken the whole operation right down to the buckets.Really,who steals buckets.

Hope you get everything that was taken Dave.
Its not just equipment being stolen its also people taking advantage of access to private land and trying to steal things. I already know a few gates have been locked so now you cant detect for gold in that area. The way I see it you do the right thing and people will help you.
Dave anytime you want to use my river sluice just see Jess and Loo. You better use it or you are in big trouble :D
Tuena is a great little town, everyone is so helpful.
I remembered when I first started the H word and I had lots of help from Jess and Dave. Thats what you get in a small town.

Hi dave it adam how u going are u still in tuena thats not good that u had stuff nocked off hope all is well iam in Ballarat haven dig

The old man must of gone crazy but ********* if u catch any one dont be shy dave.

Mod edit, we don't condone violence on this forum!

Theft of gear from camps and river beds is becoming more common and as sad as it is to say and as much as it might put a few peoples loyalty out of place it is the fact information is so freely available on forums just like this and people talk too much.

In the past eight to ten years since the price of gold crept up all the opportunists have come out of the woodwork. They have no knowledge of the history or ethics or prospecting and are only here to try and make a quick buck.

Sad but true.

Tuena is one of my favorite places but I won't go there now as too many blow ins and wannabes because its too easy to access.

Dealing out justice yourself is plain foolish but if you sit back quietly in the background long enough you will always see whats going on and find out who they are and then you can document and photograph your evidence and lot the coppers sort them out.

CB

Hi all, looking at doing a quick overnight trip to tuena in a few weeks, thinking of going light as its only one night stay. I have been before and know that they have those wood burners. Question is has anyone cooked on them with a frying pan? And for the love of gold cant actually remember how many there were just in case its busy. Cheers

It's getting pretty cold in Tuena at the moment, and you will find that those Butane stoves don't like to go when the temperature gets too low. Anything much below 0C and it will be hard to get the stove alight. That's because the butane gas stops vaporizing at - 0.5C. A propane stove is a better option for colder weather.

Thats spot on dr duck

Was away somewhere bloody freezing this weekend ,
And no one could make a hot cuppa early in the morning , just when we needed it most .

Its never happened to me before , I thought I ran outa gas !

Regards

Gunter

I've decided that next time I plan to make coffee on that and its freezing, the can will get 5 Star overnight, warm blanket treatment :D coffee in 5mins not half an hour lol yes please

Latest posts