trash hunter

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First ever try at park detecting went to a spot where back in the early 80s there was a built up sanded swimming area at one of our local volcanic lakes.the water has since receded about 15 metres back and its all cover over with grass so I thought there must be some old coins and jewellery hiding somewhere around the old shore line.but not today.there were signals screaming off around me every where and using the GMT I didn't have the advantage of identifying the signals like the xtera can do so all I could do is hope for the best and dig.only ended up with a pocket of aluminum and one 6 inch nail but never mind the scenery was nice.
1432892700_14328919040100.jpg
1432892715_14328919471241.jpg

I could imagine the GMT would love every little bit of foil in the ground being such a high frequency detector, better luck next time on those coins, maybe somewhere less trashy. ;)

Shame you did not find some decent finds Kman, would have been a good day out anyway.

I think I need to become an upholsterer. My father in law is one and when I went in to his workshop yesterday there on the bench was a pile of old coins he finds in the bottom of couches that he fixes up......he thought the 1946 shilling was a 10c coin :eek:

Latest posts