Trash Finds - Well i detected metal i suppose :/

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So,
like many I suspect I was drawn to this hobby by the wealth of YouTube videos showing multiple finds and regular treasure discoveries.
There are also lots of threads on here from other experienced detectorists too (who undoubtable put lots of effort into research before heading out to a spot).

Well, there is another side to detecting and its here 8.(
Feel free to add your own #FAILS or just ridicule mine :lol:
2 hours on my local beach, i'm starting to consider this as more of a community clean up hobby. at least I got the broken bottle off the sand before some kid stepped on it.

Steve
1569744520_29-9-19.jpg

Yeah detecting is like that some days, you've got to ask yourself, did you learn anything today about the hobby and your detector? Every hunt is a learning experience, also you mentioned other "experienced" detectorists finds, we all started from the first session and progressed from there. People rarely post about their bust sessions, they usually only post on good hunts.

So don't be too disheartened about it, keeping at it is the only way and trying different spots if the ones you've done haven't produced anything worthwhile. The riches are out there, you just have to find them. :D

If you enjoyed yourself, got out of the house, got some exercise and fresh air then you did ok. :Y:

Absolutely no ridicule mate !
What you have there is exactly what we all find at the beach ... and elsewhere
We just dont always show the rubbish.
Depending on where you are hunting .... at the moment ... "good" finds would be pretty light on at most beaches
Just walking onto any old beach and expecting to find treasure everywhere is extremely fanciful

Heatho said:
you've got to ask yourself, did you learn anything today :Y:
Yep, first proper try wading, I learnt digging 30cm down underwater = a 60cm+ wide hole lol :awful:

Heatho said:
If you enjoyed yourself, got out of the house, got some exercise and fresh air then you did ok.
yep, that is always the win with this :D :sunny: :cool:

Sandta said:
Absolutely no ridicule mate !
feel free, i'm laughing about it. peering into a 30 cm deep hole to see a cream soda can and blurting out oh FFS.

Next time maybe :playful:

Yup, I drove over 300k this weekend for 47c, a handful of sinkers and a penny. Also caught half a dozen undersized fish and a wrasse that my dog quite enjoyed! But then on the way home I called into an old tin mine and found an awesome old Chinese coin so you never know when something cool will pop out of the ground. Enjoy the walk, listen to your detector and learn it's language and the next ringpull could be a big gold ring :present:

Latest posts