Today's new finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wally69 said:
Great haul there Stoney. It has to rate as one of your top hunts.

Geez......them blokes in the 1800's must have run around with their pants around their ankles a lot, don't think I have ever lost a belt buckle. Has anyone else?

Thanks Wally :)

I've never lost a buckle either :lol:

After about four hours of detecting all I had was a 2 cent, a button, a bullet, a toy phone, and some random junk, oh and another buckle :lol:

I decided to give up, and head back to the car. Some days are better then others.

Half way across the paddock and I get a smoking hit. First thought was a soft drink can, it seemed to big for a coin.

So I start to dig the target "yes" a penny. Sweep the target again "yes" more targets.
Out popped another two Pennies, a half Penny, and a three pence.

I then scored another half Penny about two foot from my hot little hole :p

1400830880_image.jpg

Interesting button
1400830915_image.jpg

Sweet toy phone
1400830973_image.jpg

And the hole
1400831024_image.jpg

Coin wrap up
1947 Penny
1945 Penny
1948 Penny
1916 Penny
1938 Half Penny
1950 Half Penny
1927 three Pence

Cheers guys.

It's always on the walk back to the car! Nice finds and you must have had a grin from ear to ear when you came across that honey hole! :)

Paulmarr said:
It's always on the walk back to the car! Nice finds and you must have had a grin from ear to ear when you came across that honey hole! :)

I did have a huge grin, and it's the first time I've released a shout, I think it was a "f$@&k yeah!" Followed by a quick look around to make sure no one was looking :lol:

It does seem funny how things have worked out for me, all my favourite finds have been where and when I've been least expecting them.

And no silvers until the other day, now I have three.
It's true what they say :)

Thanks Silver_Fox

My latest finds.
1401000861_image.jpg

This "Make your own" button seems to have some interesting history relating to WWI
1401000902_image.jpg

Some surprises next to junk targets.
1401001038_image.jpg

A baby ax head :)
1401001125_image.jpg

And my favourite for the weekend is this whatsiemagigg
1401001213_image.jpg

I found it at my pre 1900's site so I know it dates somewhere in the mid to late 1800's

Anyone have any ideas on what it is?

I managed to get a couple hours in between the rain today.
1401265668_image.jpg

1401265727_image.jpg

1401265950_image.jpg

Highlight would be the 1873 sixpence, the cricket buckle, and a few interesting old buttons.
1401265865_image.jpg

Cheers

Hi stoney,
Nice pick ups, is this sort of gear in old house lots or parks? Nice to find something late those

Thanks rgmhot.
I've been finding these at a couple of old house sites on farm land.

There are a lot about in the rural areas, it's just hard finding who owns the land and then getting permission to detect them.
I'm lucky as the sites I have are on my family land, but they won't keep giving forever :(

Stoney said:
There are a lot about in the rural areas, it's just hard finding who owns the land and then getting permission to detect them.
I'm lucky as the sites I have are on my family land, but they won't keep giving forever :(

There sure is Stoney, there are so many old churches/schools/homes that are just stitting there not being used. I would love to have a search to uncover what these old buildings are hiding just below the soil.

A few more for the collection.
1401348972_image.jpg

1943 and 1944 Penny, 1919 and 1943 half penny.
More buckles, another marble, and these two slightly more interesting finds.

M.U.O.O.F (Manchester Unity International Order of Oddfellows) badge.
1401349134_image.jpg

And this mother of pearl piece.
1401349330_image.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Geez, the variation of finds you get from those sites is amazing, love the broach, still in pretty good nick, and the badge is also interesting. Never heard of MUIOOF before until now, the things you learn from history. :)

Found these today.
1401870653_image.jpg

A 1917, and 1921 Aus one Penny,

A pair of "Solide" Paris buckles.
1401870999_image.jpg

My find of the day would be this locket.
1401871060_image.jpg

The suspense of wondering what was inside it was great :)
I was dreaming of a little map to some treasure.

1401871357_image.jpg

At least it wasn't empty :lol:

no artifacts found this week by me, only boring old nuggets, Just realized today, My life is so eventless, that I look forward to LNL on radio national...sad but true. :/

Locket with hair, that is the find of the day, very historical(no DNA , it's only in the roots of the hair)and a great find(all great finds though) well done.

Mr Boring said:
no artifacts found this week by me, only boring old nuggets, Just realized today, My life is so eventless, that I look forward to LNL on radio national...sad but true. :/

I feel so sorry for you Mr Boring :lol:
It must suck finding all those nuggets.

And thanks everyone for the comments.

hmmmm....?????...!!!!
Mr Boring said:

After spending a long long weekend with my in-laws, I managed to get a few hours in yesterday arvo.

I learnt that it pays to wonder a long way from the main site, I found most of these scattered around the paddock.

Here's my finds plus a couple I forgot about from last week.
1402386229_image.jpg

1402386229_image.jpg

I'm most happy with my 1790's Half penny token that I posted yesterday.
1402387443_image.jpg

The other coins were all 1942 (a half penny and two one pennies) in one hole :/

I'm also liking the sparrow buckle.
1402387127_image.jpg

Australian military forces button.
1402387358_image.jpg

1402387402_image.jpg

Also a pin fire bullet shell, a machete that could be an Australian military issue? And a few other bits

Any ideas on the middle item?
1402387758_image.jpg

Cheers - Stoney

kawman said:
hmmmm....?????...!!!!
Mr Boring said:

I have been detecting for gold since 1996. These days, i'm more satisfied with a historical find. Thats what I ment OK.

Latest posts