Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
little hunt yesterday(shoulders slowly getting better) with a little silver coming to light about 2 feet away from the last silver found(that 1917 Shilling up above).
1940 Threepence,... down amongst some roots.
it was the first coin of the hunt.
1436670839_sam_2084.jpg

1436670840_sam_2087.jpg

1436670840_sam_2088.jpg

haha sorry ol son .. hehehe wats this kid stuff im not that young hehe.. but in sayinthat im havin severe withdrawls not bein able to get out detectin still waitin on minelab to get my baby back to me .. she better be worth th wait lol

It should glow brightly and you should hear the sounds of trumpets when you open the box upon delivery. :lol: ,... musta got you mixed up with one of the young ones on here(sorry),.... still waiting on some of those photos yet P305 :| :) :D :lol: that you were talking about a while back,...can't wait. :rolleyes:
phantom 305 said:
haha sorry ol son .. hehehe wats this kid stuff im not that young hehe.. but in sayinthat im havin severe withdrawls not bein able to get out detectin still waitin on minelab to get my baby back to me .. she better be worth th wait lol

Just enough RJ,.... although I had to just about drag myself up from the tree roots first,....then, yes,....a spring in the step(ha)
Ramjet said:
A little silver to put a spring in ya step Silver. :)

Silvers normally, come out better in better cond than coppers. Maybe the sixpence smelled you coming, and got extra dirty to hide.

I'm sure underneath it will be fine, though some of those later silvers do come out a bit crusty at times. Nice finds silver. :)

I'm always amazed at how well some silvers come up after a bit of a rub with bi carb, I guess it all depends on the type of ground they've been stewing in though.

will post a few cleaned up pickys of it when the timer dings(so to speak"ha"). sometimes they just look bad until they get some TLC,... sometimes when you want them extra badly, that's exactly what nature throws back at you(natures sense of humor at play), you just gotta live with it and bend with the blows until nature has had its canny bit of fun,....eventually it 's looking the other way and B A M all of a sudden a great expectation is delivered(in hearts), and when nature looks back it's too bloody late,...cause you've already got your fingers all over the goodies, like a mountaineers death grip when climbing a verical cliff with no ropes,... ;) at 1200 metres.

Well here we go,... all cleaned up(as good as it's gunna be at any rate,...for now).
1437437341_sam_2215.jpg

1437437389_sam_2216.jpg

ended up with a bit of frosting, emu wing and top of star are clear of it,... bicarb would clean that off though.
I think it was something in the attached dirty layer that made the reaction turn out like this(clr was looking pretty muddy so I changed it for a new batch to finish up).
came up alright for how it looked in the post up above,.... makes me feel good about it when I compare the two. :)

Latest posts