Todays hunt results.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the first of my catch up Hunt Photos,.. this was last week.
It's only BBs on the bottom,...I'm trying to economise on photos so that the internet lasts for us here at the Silver Ranch this month(ha).
1422743183_sam_8657.jpg

I spent a bit of time trying to clean up the silvers and this is what I ended up with.
1422743853_sam_8772.jpg

1422743853_sam_8774.jpg

The ring is just an Aluminium toy from a Vending machine.

And here is yesterday morning.
Pirate Treasure(ha).
1422747751_sam_8776.jpg

and this was all I got for a short trip out in the late afternoon towards evening(mossie swoosher extraordinaire).
1422747751_sam_8778.jpg

1422747751_sam_8780.jpg

And here are my 2015 Silver finds so far,...Although there are a few 3ds(from earlier in the Month) that I can't put my hands on at the moment ????? Clancy's gone to Queensland droving(and he don't know where they are).
1422748114_sam_8783.jpg

Nice set of silvers. They came up.good. the three pence usually retain their strike quite well. Maybe because they are smaller

Found more 3ds than normal so far this year TM, But then again I'm looking for them as a primary target to keep my skill level in high gear(one of them I thought I'd dig as I thought it may be a gold ring),.. I figure if I'm finding 3ds then I'm not missing anything bigger at all. I tried the alfoil method on a few of the silvers,.. 50% of them (that I tried) came up ok, but they were the fairly good ones to start with anyway,.. the really cruddy ones would need a fair few more times on the foil to get that hard stuck crud to leave them,.... I'm just going to have to try electrolysis one day(still haven't bit the bullet on that one).
treasureman said:
Nice set of silvers. They came up.good. the three pence usually retain their strike quite well. Maybe because they are smaller

I like the condition of that threepence...didnt spend much time in circulation? Australian pressed still got hard edges...i got a 1910 that last ones made in england i reckon there'd be more there.

I'm finding more3ds on some of my old spots that I'd missed previously,.. just by using a discerning ear.
yobskin said:
I like the condition of that threepence...didnt spend much time in circulation? Australian pressed still got hard edges...i got a 1910 that last ones made in england i reckon there'd be more there.

Only when I'm rattling their cage DJ, it doesn't seem to happen for me when I'm busy doing other things, unless that's when they're getting it all ready for me(ha).
Honestly, silver gods, I was just funning around a bit(keep smiling please, I beseech thee).
Silver.
Dejan027 said:
The silver gods are smiling upon you mate :)

Got out to the beach today with me old mate, told him to look under a certain tree for a silver,... and of course,. he found a 1958 sixpence, so he took out the PD award today as I found none,...But I did find a few decimal coins down in the sand and a nice big old serving spoon about 4 inches down in the dirt, that now resides in my cutlery draw(after a really good cleanup).
1423119506_sam_8813.jpg

1423119506_sam_8815.jpg

I found $2.65,..mate pipped me there too with $2.70, and he scored an old intact razor(all ornate and everything),...But I really do like my spoon, I thought it was copper with all the good stuff fallen off already, but, on cleaning it I realised it was all coming up shiny and bright, so made it good enough for the kitchen,... daughter gave me a strange look when I was going to use it for her Milo Drink, and I thought she was thinking it was just a dirty old spoon(as she saw it when it first came home filthy),... but she just said she didn't need a spoon that big for her Milo(ha).
Now that is recycling taken to one of its limitations of extreme.

Definitely does jaros,..probably not really the silver though, more likely to be the silver oxide,... it takes a while to train yourself to recognise it, and because you only get a poofteenth of a whisp out in the field you have to have a lot of faith in that sixth sense type feeling(which is really only your subconscious giving you the snozz results as it's a very delicate art to master.
Jaros said:
Silver.....does Silver have definite smell????---just wondering.
Jaro :eek: s

I had my ear trained to the sound of high conductors like silver, am finding it a bit of a challenge to go back to digging all pull tabs and low conductors again in the search for elusive gold targets. Smell doesn't do much for me, alI could smell last night was the pong of rotting seaweed. :lol:

Doesn't seem to work for me on the sandy beach or the rocks either, that part is just knowing your coast and using skill at the proper time depending on the coastal conditions,..sniffing silver is more of a dirty pastime(ha)

It's a ring none the less, better silver than the poxy stainless ones that have no real worth, and some spendables always helps out. What's with the bee, is it Super Bee? :)

Unsure, at first I thought it was going to be a capilano bee, but the S threw me and I found myself wondering,... was there a super bee at some stage ?
Goldpick said:
It's a ring none the less, better silver than the poxy stainless ones that have no real worth, and some spendables always helps out. What's with the bee, is it Super Bee? :)

Went out again this morning ,... for the second time,... found a few more coins.
1423305319_sam_8882.jpg

That's a 1939 roo penny,.. at least I got a PD today,.. saved at the end of the hunt(whew).
Now this next item was found at the site of one of the largest gun battles ever held by Queensland children in the old days,... I could tell you where it was , but then I'd have to kill/do something really bad to you(not)(haha).
This is now the third gun I've managed to find,.. although this one has sustained a little damage while under the influence of Father Time(darn).
1423305741_sam_8889.jpg

1423305762_sam_8888.jpg

1423305792_sam_8890.jpg

1423305792_sam_8891.jpg

I enjoyed slowly and carefully retrieving it from Mother Earths tight grasp,.... but alas even though the trigger and its guard were in place in the ground they must have already sustained the damage before I lifted it from its resting place as they never survived the trip. I can imagine the sounds of the battle and the thrill of the fight as they shot there way past tea time, only to be called in " THIS INSTANT ", " OR ELSE ",.. Tossing their guns aside(still slightly smoking from the battle) and making for home at a blistering pace,.. and some how, sadly, never able to find their weapons again,... and so the battle field remained silent through time,... never more the cries of "WE'LL NEVER GIVE UP " echoing across the grassy plain,.. Just the scratch scratch scratch of the treasure hunter,... getting ever closer.
Silver.