Today I FOUND

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I found out what it is like to look after my 15 month old great grandson for a day a night & another half day, it's going to take me a bucket load of pills & at least a week to get over it.

gadgetman45 said:
Today I found out what it is like to look after my 15 month old great grandson for a day a night & another half day, it's going to take me a bucket load of pills & at least a week to get over it.

Too funny gadgetman :) 4 grand kids and I've only had to do 1 dirty nappy. Not planning doing any more.
Enjoy them while you can

Rod

Today we took the kids for a bike ride and a play in the local park and I found a nice pair of Ray Ban sunglasses. No detector, just an eye for stuff most people miss.

I'll be the coolest lookin' dude digging bullets out of the bush now :cool:

Au

Today I found some more gold, only about 0.6gr but for 2.5hrs out near the river who can complain.
Cheers
Brad....

Today I found that idiots still exist.

Well I have always known it, but I work in an office building and some idiot broke the "break glass in case of emergency" and pushed the fire alarm button which evacuated the building and wasted everyone's time!

goldenhodge said:
Today I found that idiots still exist.

Well I have always known it, but I work in an office building and some idiot broke the "break glass in case of emergency" and pushed the fire alarm button which evacuated the building and wasted everyone's time!

saw that happen once because a secretary had the shits at her boss for dancing' with the IT support girl

the red faced boss and his hired hand were the last to walk out to the carpark :cool:

gtsjeff said:
I found a pile of black sand in my sluice box and not much else at the shoalhaven :(

which part of the river were you at ? . did you put it through a sieve first to get rid of oversize ?

oversized material tends to create turbulence and pulls out the fine gold with it

or was the water flowing too fast through it ?

its pretty hard to get no colour at all in the shoalhaven river , but the very very fine gold there likes to play "hard to get" so take some flowers , put on some nice aftershave and play romantic music .

( kidding )

its a science to get just the right conditions to catch the stuff

persevere mate . i still didnt get it down pat yet myself

HeadsUp said:
gtsjeff said:
I found a pile of black sand in my sluice box and not much else at the shoalhaven :(

which part of the river were you at ? . did you put it through a sieve first to get rid of oversize ?

oversized material tends to create turbulence and pulls out the fine gold with it

its pretty hard to get no colour at all in the shoalhaven river , but the very very fine gold there likes to play "hard to get" so take some flowers , put on some nice aftershave and play romantic music .

( kidding )

Damn ill play some barry white and talk dirty to the river gods next time :)
I was just near the bridge at braidwood a bit further up stream maybe im gifted at not finding gold lol .
Had the box too full most of the time due to over excited shovellers but it was fun all the same.

gtsjeff said:
HeadsUp said:
gtsjeff said:

( kidding )

Damn ill play some barry white and talk dirty to the river gods next time :)
I was just near the bridge at braidwood a bit further up stream maybe im gifted at not finding gold lol .
Had the box too full most of the time due to over excited shovellers but it was fun all the same.

you will do fine once you get the hang of it
Were they shovelling straight into the sluice without screening it first ?
You might find the bigger stones cause turbulance and the gold gets flushed out the end

If you get a couple of seives that fit in the top of a 25 litre plastic pail , shovel in to fill the seive , shake it through and then feed the fines from your pail into the sluice you will catch alot more gold

sometimes i will just fill half a dozen buckets , then tip those in to the seive over an empty bucket while pouring water from my pump in to the top of the seive so it helps to wash all the fine gold off the rocks , then tip out the heavy rock from the seive , i will end up with two buckets of fines to put through the sluice , feed them through slowly and watch where the gold falls , be careful you dont get any sudden surges of water through the sluice or the gold will be back swimming around in the river with its mates again

i have made myself a nice highbanker now though so i shouldnt have to do the slow sieving , washing , shovelling , sluicing routine

Hey AU, thanks mate, it makes me feel better after the EUREKA find that I posted while on holidays. It seems we can all be fooled at times. Keep swinging, mate.

A friend of mine is doing some work at the Hydro-Majestic in Katoomba and found this old newspaper under the carpet literally.
lw0z.jpg

The date on the page.
nagj.jpg

Latest posts