Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A set of four AEG lookalike batteries from Ebay.

Batteries.jpg

They turned up yesterday so I opened two to find that they were almost fully charged. Today I plugged one onto the 125mm AEG grinder but it wouldn't start. After a bit of fiddling around it did run the grinder but at a reduced speed. It then cut out as soon as load was applied. With a light load the grinder stops and starts. I then tried another and it was exactly the same. These batteries are lighter than the riginal AEG batteries.

Tonight I applied to return them and was instantly sent a return label. Why do the bother selling junk like this?

Because people that don’t buy the original buy this shit.

The reason I tried the after market batteries is because the original AEG ones fail in high temperatures. I have six batteries and nearly all are stuffed. I pulled one apart and it has a pack of normal looking cylindrical batteries spot welded in. I might try having the originals repacked.

If I work during the heat of the day the battery drops out from over temperature and it won't accept a recharge until it cools in the evening but now most won't hold a charge at all.

A set of four AEG lookalike batteries from Ebay.

View attachment 10362

They turned up yesterday so I opened two to find that they were almost fully charged. Today I plugged one onto the 125mm AEG grinder but it wouldn't start. After a bit of fiddling around it did run the grinder but at a reduced speed. It then cut out as soon as load was applied. With a light load the grinder stops and starts. I then tried another and it was exactly the same. These batteries are lighter than the riginal AEG batteries.

Tonight I applied to return them and was instantly sent a return label. Why do the bother selling junk like this?
Cause they only pay $5 (if that) for THOSE batteries.... Lots of Heat issues coming to light on a lot of big brand stuff... I can't leave my Makita gear on the roof for the same reason...

LW...

the sender unit is on it's way from miners den so maybe it will be here for the weekend
i am going over to a mates place for a learning trial and i will take my test pieces and the ground varies from iron stone pebbles(you could fill a 6'x4' trailer in a hour of shovelling) to white and yellow clay with everything in between
the 5000 has a little bit of trouble at home with finding a quiet channel as i have high voltage power lines running at the back of the property so off to my mates place for some headaches

Today I got another message from Ebay stating that I cancelled the order.

Swivel seat base.jpg

I've ordered this item from four different sellers. The first (partytime shopping) claimed that they couldn't deliver to a PO Box so I reordered with a street address. Then they claimed their stock was damaged.

The next three (Coconut2017, Servicecounts and wa-aot38) have have made similar excuses however all still have this item advertised and all are still showing stock. All four sellers claimed that I cancelled the order.

All four have been reported for fraudulant activity.

I've contacted two more sellers of the same item, both are showing Australian stock. I've asked the question before placing my order "Do you have stock of this item ready for dispatch?" We'll see what happens.

View attachment 10506

A little addition to my new mini camper. I'm finding it harder to squat and rise again :rolleyes:
Cool, A couple of years ago I bought the 365 version, they are a quality product, you can even buy Bio-degradable toilet paper for them, I still haven't used mine yet, It's still boxed up, But they are the No 1 Brand across the whole country and the EU, So you got the right one. 👍

Cool, A couple of years ago I bought the 365 version, they are a quality product, you can even buy Bio-degradable toilet paper for them, I still haven't used mine yet, It's still boxed up, But they are the No 1 Brand across the whole country and the EU, So you got the right one. 👍

I chose this brand since doing a bit of research but I bought this size due to its height. The Hyundai iLoad doesn't have very good head height so to sit comfortably on the bed the height could be no more than a dining room chair. That meant that to be able to store the Porta Potty under the bed it had to come in under frame hight. It has about 30mm clearance but that's before the floor insulation and floor mat so it had to be the 345. I'll mostly use this vehicle while camping alone so I hope its limited capacity will be sufficient.

I chose this brand since doing a bit of research but I bought this size due to its height. The Hyundai iLoad doesn't have very good head height so to sit comfortably on the bed the height could be no more than a dining room chair. That meant that to be able to store the Porta Potty under the bed it had to come in under frame hight. It has about 30mm clearance but that's before the floor insulation and floor mat so it had to be the 345. I'll mostly use this vehicle while camping alone so I hope its limited capacity will be sufficient.
Yep thats the issue why I have never used mine, My 365 sits 414mm or just over 16" so I will keep it for the pop up tent I got and buy the 335 for the Van coz it sits about 313. So that will fit under the Bed/Table while traveling, The 365 is the same height as the standard House Throne.

You got the right one coz they have the Piston Pump and not the Bellows like the cheap ones have and you can get all the parts and service them if need be, There is some good Video's on YT on how to set em OR how to service them, I had to check em out coz mine didn't come with a manual, Unless they have put it inside one of the Tanks.

Next time you go bush you can sit on your Throne and look out on all you survey, All Hail King Moneybox,:D😂🤣

Today I bought new batteries to replace the ones in my old Kmart detector. The old ones I put in in 2004. You can see the date on the ends of them. 2003 - 2023. They’re still working fine but because I’m going bush I really don’t want them to fail while I’m out there.
The most awesomeness batteries I’ve ever met/used/seen ever.
Kudos to you Mr Energizer!

Last edited:
MB, Something else for you to knock up to increase your comfort level https://www.campertrailers.org/loo_lift.htm I should add, this isn't my design but have seen it in action. One problem I can see is that it will be unsteady on rough ground so may need material removed from the bottom to allow it to sit level and steady
I have one of those which I knocked up for the wife when using the toot, works well.

Latest posts