Today I BOUGHT

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goody2shoes said:
Could imagine how bloody cold it would be there...

Freezing

Is petrol better than diesel?

Goody

Well because of the new Diesel Laws coming in Diesel would cost me a fortune inroad Tolls.

Winter here is a curse, although I like the Cold and have the Clothing etc to deal with it, Camping in a normal vehicle is a bad Idea, where as this Camper has the same heating system as you would find in most homes over here, Plus If I get tired of Driving I can pull in to a servo and I got a bed for the night. :Y:

It's 10*c outside and when I went to the Shop there was Snow Flakes Falling, LOL :eek: :eek:

Ridge Runner said:
goody2shoes said:

Freezing

Goody

Well because of the new Diesel Laws coming in Diesel would cost me a fortune inroad Tolls.

Winter here is a curse, although I like the Cold and have the Clothing etc to deal with it, Camping in a normal vehicle is a bad Idea, where as this Camper has the same heating system as you would find in most homes over here, Plus If I get tired of Driving I can pull in to a servo and I got a bed for the night. :Y:

It's 10*c outside and when I went to the Shop there was Snow Flakes Falling, LOL :eek: :eek:

I guess that's why we live in the lucky country. Who would want to leave here?

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Ridge Runner said:
goody2shoes said:

Freezing

Goody

I guess that's why we live in the lucky country. Who would want to leave here?

Cheers

Doug

That's True, I came here because of a major family event, And anyone worth their salt never turns their back on family

Gem in I said:
That's another way of sticking it to the electric company RR :lol: :lol:

What are your thoughts on diesel heating though.

Well the Roof Is big enough for me to mount all 6 150w panels on top so they won't be getting any money out of Me, LOL

It's good and cheap to run and powerful, The Heating system in this one is LPG, And I got 3 or 4 portable Gas heaters and enough Gas/LPG to last me the next 6 months.

They also have a 6 birth one and a 6 Birth 6 Wheeled version as well, but both of them were way to long and this one is about perfect in length, Room to walk around and 2m height ceiling so no bashing ya head walking inside, I did not want a pop top camper because in the winter over here the Cold comes right through the Cloth part of it and the heat escapes the same way, The Windows in this one are Double Glazed So that will keep the Cold out as well. Basically it is fully set up for Winter Living. :Y:

1576939030_per_6_birth.jpg

1576939079_per_6_b_6_wheel.jpg

Yes solid roof and double glazed windows big difference for you no doubt. I haven't looked into diesel heating too far yet, am more gas apps also just thought I could cut a number of corners asking you :lol: .
Nice choices though for what suits you with the rigs :Y:

Gem in I said:
Yes solid roof and double glazed windows big difference for you no doubt. I haven't looked into diesel heating too far yet, am more gas apps also just thought I could cut a number of corners asking you :lol: .

I am not sure about the length of the one I bought but it is close to 7m from one end to the other, that 6 wheeled version is close to 9 or 10m long, But that would never fit round the corner on the street where I live,

I have some little portable gas heaters and they run for about 5 and a half hours on a 227gm Gas Cartridge and I can buy 28 of them for around $40.00 and I buy them at 3 boxes at a time So I have always got 70 to 100+ here at any one time, plus I also have a portable Home Gas heater that will run for around 110 hours on a 15kg bottle of Gas, plus The Camper has Gas Heating and a Gas Oven/Stove so heating won't be a problem,

Ridge Runner said:
Gem in I said:

I am not sure about the length of the one I bought but it is close to 7m from one end to the other, that 6 wheeled version is close to 9 or 10m long, But that would never fit round the corner on the street where I live,

I have some little portable gas heaters and they run for about 5 and a half hours on a 227gm Gas Cartridge and I can buy 28 of them for around $40.00 and I buy them at 3 boxes at a time So I have always got 70 to 100+ here at any one time, plus I also have a portable Home Gas heater that will run for around 110 hours on a 15kg bottle of Gas, plus The Camper has Gas Heating and a Gas Oven/Stove so heating won't be a problem,

RR, watch out for the risk of killing yourselves with the portable gas heater. You need good ventilation when using those things.

Ded Driver said:
yesterday my Detech 12x10" SEF arrived for my MXT Pro, all the way from Bulgaria :D
Thanks to Stinky Pete from Detech Au :Y:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12692/1577193526_detech_12x10_sef.jpg

Nice one DED. The SEF's are a great coil & extremely lightweight for their size and the depth they get. I like the clip on/off snug skid plate that doesn't need any coil tape, and the fact that they are 100% waterproof and you can just hose them down ready for next time. :Y:

Golden Retriever here on Christmas day....my first post; so greetings to all.
Live on NSW South Coast.

It's been prawns ( no beer )Mexican Corn strips flavoured mince beans salad.
Bought " noisy squeezy pig " toy for my Jack Russell.
Celebrated day with my father (93) my brother and his children.
Yesterday was doing research on detectors and thinking of the Fisher water proof gold bug unit.
latter;" if bitten " a waterproof Equinox 800; might be in order.
Interestingly there's a sensor you can get for a dji phantom 4 drone ( sensor is made in Germany I think ).
anyway you can set up a low level grid search and it will " highlite "potential targets to memory using a colour code.
don't know good it is...did not investigate the cost.
Have just bought a dji Maveric Pro 2 drone which has a really nice camera... unused so far but batteries charged.
Didn't buy it for gold searching but might give some visual clues.

Ridge Runner said:
I also have a portable Home Gas heater that will run for around 110 hours on a 15kg bottle of Gas, plus The Camper has Gas Heating and a Gas Oven/Stove so heating won't be a problem,
How do ventilate while running gas geater? Was under the impression that running gas heaters in a confined space is a no no?

Nightjar said:
Ridge Runner said:
I also have a portable Home Gas heater that will run for around 110 hours on a 15kg bottle of Gas, plus The Camper has Gas Heating and a Gas Oven/Stove so heating won't be a problem,
How do ventilate while running gas geater? Was under the impression that running gas heaters in a confined space is a no no?

My house has a Gas Central Heating system there are vents in the walls in every room plus it is has a thermostat that turns it on and off and it won't light if there is no Oxygen, And in the EU Campers are built the same way,

As or my Gas Heaters they won't light if the Oxygen levels are Low, Plus The Camper has 2 huge vents on the back to cool the fridge and on the Drivers side it has 3 Air Vents, 2 lower down and 1 at the Top, Plus it has Sky Lights in the Roof that you Open to let Air in and Out Plus all the Windows Open if needed

And The Campers Heating System has an 8" Square Vent that goes directly to the outside, Basically it is a Miniature version of what is installed in the Houses over here apart from it has fans to blow the hot Air through Heating Ducts throughout the Camper, Every thing about has to pass very strict laws So safety is not an issue, If it detects Low levels of Carbon monoxide then it will shut off and it will not work until it senses normal levels of Oxygen.

Of coarse it also has built in CO2 sensors in the Camper and I also have 2 large fire extinguishers to install,

If you have a look at this video on different types of heating systems he puts up a chart showing the merits of each system, mine uses the same Gas supply as the Stove and the Fridge uses and is one of the safest money can buy because it is the GAS/Blown Air Type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESVK57Fqi8U

Ridge Runner said:
Nightjar said:
Ridge Runner said:

My house has a Gas Central Heating system there are vents in the walls in every room plus it is has a thermostat that turns it on and off and it won't light if there is no Oxygen, And in the EU Campers are built the same way,

As or my Gas Heaters they won't light if the Oxygen levels are Low, Plus The Camper has 2 huge vents on the back to cool the fridge and on the Drivers side it has 3 Air Vents, 2 lower down and 1 at the Top, Plus it has Sky Lights in the Roof that you Open to let Air in and Out Plus all the Windows Open if needed

And The Campers Heating System has an 8" Square Vent that goes directly to the outside, Basically it is a Miniature version of what is installed in the Houses over here apart from it has fans to blow the hot Air through Heating Ducts throughout the Camper, Every thing about has to pass very strict laws So safety is not an issue, If it detects Low levels of Carbon monoxide then it will shut off and it will not work until it senses normal levels of Oxygen.

Of coarse it also has built in CO2 sensors in the Camper and I also have 2 large fire extinguishers to install,

That's comforting the know RR. We were all worried that we might suddenly drop back below that 17,000 membership number :eek: :lol:

Golden Retriver said:
Golden Retriever here on Christmas day....my first post; so greetings to all.
Live on NSW South Coast.

It's been prawns ( no beer )Mexican Corn strips flavoured mince beans salad.
Bought " noisy squeezy pig " toy for my Jack Russell.
Celebrated day with my father (93) my brother and his children.
Yesterday was doing research on detectors and thinking of the Fisher water proof gold bug unit.
latter;" if bitten " a waterproof Equinox 800; might be in order.
Interestingly there's a sensor you can get for a dji phantom 4 drone ( sensor is made in Germany I think ).
anyway you can set up a low level grid search and it will " highlite "potential targets to memory using a colour code.
don't know good it is...did not investigate the cost.
Have just bought a dji Maveric Pro 2 drone which has a really nice camera... unused so far but batteries charged.
Didn't buy it for gold searching but might give some visual clues.

GR, that sensor sounds interesting. Unfortunately we don't have a Phantom, we only have the Spark.

Moneybox said:
That's comforting the know RR. We were all worried that we might suddenly drop back below that 17,000 membership number :eek: :lol:

Thanks MB, I will do my best to not let that happen, LOLOLOL :playful: :playful: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did some tests with the portable types you can buy on ebay etc and once the oxygen levels drop, If you turn it off in the room you have been using it in or you let it run for a few hours and it runs out of Gas, Unless you open the windows for a while or take it to another room in the house They Will Not Light No Matter What,

If you have been using one for a couple of hours you can check the oxygen levels simply by turning it off and then try to relight it again and it won't fire up that is a good sign telling you You need to open some windows NOW, as the Oxygen levels are Low, :Y:

Latest posts