tired of being a internet fossicker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greglz86

Greg Anderson
Reaction score
Getting pretty bloody tired of being a internet prospector lately. So far i have only had about 9 hours out all up this year.
just been far too busy and its driving me mad. So far this year.
*the missus got crook.
*Dog fell off the ute while driving.
*Missus got crook again.
*Other dog decided to get injured at the dog park.
*missus broke her foot.(3 metatarsal) while on the cans on Australia day.
*the dog got crook.
*i got crook.
Chuck in a 6 day working week(this week 7) and your left with no time for going for a dig. The worst part is i have time off comming up around easter but will still wont be able to bugger all. The missus doesnt like it when i leave her home by herself when she cant do anything or go anywhere. So i have to suffer too.
does anyone want to run off and join the circus because im seriously considering it lol.
just felt like having a winge.
Greg

PS. The dogs are fine now. The vets wallet is a little thicker now aswell.

Sounds like a few lines from a country song :)
if you and the dog lookin to get out for a day here and there give us a bell.
Havnt been out for a while and just won a sluice from detector den in a guess the weight comp.
Sluicin and pannin or detectin happy to get out anytime I can

Hopefully things look up a bit soon Greg, guess I had it easy whole last week in hospital, had a nice quiet room, plenty of rest and hot nurses waiting on me, even the food was ok. Sounds like you and your missus been through the wringer.

Reading about fossicking is certainly nothing like doing it.

Brutus and me said:
Sounds like a few lines from a country song :)
if you and the dog lookin to get out for a day here and there give us a bell.
Havnt been out for a while and just won a sluice from detector den in a guess the weight comp.
Sluicin and pannin or detectin happy to get out anytime I can
So you were the lucky winner of the sluice. Congratulations mate. What was your guess?

I will probably take you up on that offer soon. Or whenever i can. Probably wont be for another month or so.
looking back it does resemble a country music song.lol.
Heatho. Sorry to hear about you stuck in hospital mate. Despite the food and hot nurses i bet it sucked being confined to a room for a week. Hope your ok and it was nothing serious.
Greg

can fully understand being stuck at home, I bought myself a gpx5000 a couple of months before chistmas, got to try it out a few times the just before xmas got diagnosed with cancer, so bin in an out of hospital and having surgury since, so I have just been hovering around these prospecting sites and dreaming. but on the pluss side after the last opp I am now cancer free so the minister for health says I can go out and play soon.

Greglz86 said:
I will probably take you up on that offer soon. Or whenever i can. Probably wont be for another month or so.
looking back it does resemble a country music song.lol.
Heatho. Sorry to hear about you stuck in hospital mate. Despite the food and hot nurses i bet it sucked being confined to a room for a week. Hope your ok and it was nothing serious.
Greg

Hey Greg I'm feeling better than I have in years now, had a nasty lung abscess, pretty rare and was quite crook for a few weeks before it was diagnosed, another few weeks on antibiotics and I'll be fine mate. Gave up smoking too on Doctors orders and feel great being Nicotine free. It did suck though being in hospital. All the best mate to you too.

Mandrake, welcome to the forum, great news you beat cancer. Hopefully you'll be out swinging that 5k soon, looking forward to your pics of some nice nuggets. All the best.

mandrake01 said:
can fully understand being stuck at home, I bought myself a gpx5000 a couple of months before chistmas, got to try it out a few times the just before xmas got diagnosed with cancer, so bin in an out of hospital and having surgury since, so I have just been hovering around these prospecting sites and dreaming. but on the pluss side after the last opp I am now cancer free so the minister for health says I can go out and play soon.

Thats bloody good news that your cancer free now mate. Glad to hear the worst is behind you.
Makes my worries and troubles seem insignificant when someone drops the c word in a conversation.
Now get out and start swinging ;)

WTF,
Therapy now required People and I thought I did it bad. :eek:
I am going to organize a meet down here on the Far South Coast soon so you better get your act together and get down here and burn that crap outa your selves. 8)
No excuse, You will have plenty of notice to confirm OK... ;)
OK. :D
Now I gotta step up to the plate. PMSL
Greglz,
Wondered where you disappeared to.. :cool:

Latest posts