tiny wine glass or something else ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1412040333_cam01925.jpg

1412040359_cam01926.jpg

1412040387_cam01927.jpg

1412040413_cam01928.jpg

That is pretty cool. How early would/could it be?
Were liquor shot glasses back then so tiny? I mean it could only hold a few drops of liquid.

treasureman said:
Would a comunion wine glass be so small?

Yes they are - it is a ritual to symbolise the blood of Jesus Christ and is probably half a shot glass - not so much as to feel the effect of the wine...

Not sure on the size of the tiny goblet to be for communion going by the size of the thumb. I think it is probably from a very old Monopoly board game. Although having said that I did see glasses of wine the size of a thimble at one particular church.
A really nice find whatever it is, well done!
Cheers
Mackka

The leprechaun's playing tricks on you Treasureman, probably slipped that under your coil in exchange for that 1920 gold sovereign.

Weird where some things arecfound.
I have my eye out for a 1920`s gold sovereign... but where to look

There will be a bottle full of them buried next to a depression in an open field where a big old tree once grew.

Now I'm starting to sound like an old witch(haha cackle cackle).

Yesterday i came across a norfolk tree. I thought ill run the detector just below the stump. You never know. It went ofwith a solid 83 reading. Thinking it was treasure. Turns out to be a foil drink cap. Darn. Dovyou think a gold coin would read in the 90`s or 80`s

sorry Treasureman my detector doesn't do numbers and I've not found a real goldie myself yet, you could take your detector into a coin shop and get them to wave a couple of different goldie sizes under the coil for you to help with that. They may think it's a bit of a weird ask, but will most probably comply. You could post the results online for us all to see, that would be good info. My detector would just show mid range where all the pull tabs show up, so I probably walk over old goldies all day without touching them, I would leave them all for the real treasure hunters(not).
treasureman said:
Yesterday i came across a norfolk tree. I thought ill run the detector just below the stump. You never know. It went ofwith a solid 83 reading. Thinking it was treasure. Turns out to be a foil drink cap. Darn. Dovyou think a gold coin would read in the 90`s or 80`s

I think we're all getting cracked up Sandta, cause you're a cunny funt too(I'm still laughing)

Ya could try some gold jewellery, small earings etc to get an idea of tone/readouts.
mbe knock someones gold tooth out. :eek: that'll work too. :p

Latest posts