Destructive/constructive

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20x

scott
Reaction score
It's 2 sides of coin but not, nature eventually destroys what it creates, and even if not its still going to be a slower decomposition of anything else.
The only way we can construct is by the deconstruction to mine for something else.
A Sci fi quote from the movie aliens covenant,
"One must first destroy to create"...
Everywhere I go in the vic goldfields, I see it's past, a land destroyed that what came of it was the beginning of our way of life.
It would of been a horrific landscape if you actually had the view from your eye to now and know the difference.

Last edited:
Yes Hippyty it takes a certain level of intelligence to be carrying a pick about, stop to drop a nugget and fail to bury it. Well the nugget isn't really the problem because it usually dries up in a day or so but the paper lasts for months.

Dig holes, well that's another thing. The smart prospector covers his tracks but isn't it nice to have somebody leave the indicators of a good gold find behind 😂

I some think their just in a rush to get it out off the ground before anyone comes, who ever found this patch done alright must have been over a hundred holes and plenty deep one all left open on a pending.

Attachments

• IMG_3844.jpeg
    IMG_3844.jpeg
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3845.jpeg
    IMG_3845.jpeg
    8.6 MB · Views: 0
I some think their just in a rush to get it out off the ground before anyone comes, who ever found this patch done alright must have been over a hundred holes and plenty deep one all left open on a pending.

It doesn't take a lot of time or energy to pull the loose dirt back in but some people just have a different sense of right and wrong and there's not much you can do about that. I think they are mostly transient so they'll be crossing the border in a few days so who cares? The rubbish is the same, they just leave a mess and move on :mad:

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM Words well spoken Phil, on our recent quickie trip to the Pilbara before the Dragons hospital journey, we were shocked at the amount of bog roll and wipes at truck bays, On the way home just over a week ago the person with the flash Black Dodge Ram and the Mega Caravan who undid his sullage tank at the truck bay just sth of the Gladstone turnoff my ask is would you do that in your home state, the stink and the crap on the Hwy for the next few KMS was great so was the front of the Isuzu, we got ya licence plate number but who do we report it to?????? also this is not the first instance we have seen on trips north, truck bay bins full so just chuck ya bags of rubish on the ground so the crows etc can rip them open for a feed.
Now we to are in that age group as travellors and the mess at most truck stops in the nth west is Astonishing.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMM Words well spoken Phil, on our recent quickie trip to the Pilbara before the Dragons hospital journey, we were shocked at the amount of bog roll and wipes at truck bays, On the way home just over a week ago the person with the flash Black Dodge Ram and the Mega Caravan who undid his sullage tank at the truck bay just sth of the Gladstone turnoff my ask is would you do that in your home state, the stink and the crap on the Hwy for the next few KMS was great so was the front of the Isuzu, we got ya licence plate number but who do we report it to?????? also this is not the first instance we have seen on trips north, truck bay bins full so just chuck ya bags of rubish on the ground so the crows etc can rip them open for a feed.
Now we to are in that age group as travellors and the mess at most truck stops in the nth west is Astonishing.
https://www.crimestopperswa.com.au/Crimestoppers.jpg

It's 2 sides of coin but not, nature eventually destroys what it creates, and even if not its still going to be a slower decomposition of anything else.
The only way we can construct is by the deconstruction to mine for something else.
A Sci fi quote from the movie aliens covenant,
"One must first destroy to create"...
Everywhere I go in the vic goldfields, I see it's past, a land destroyed that what came of it was the beginning of our way of life.
It would have been a horrific landscape if you actually had the view from your eye to now and know the difference.
Interesting thoughts and interestingly put.
Got me thinking about what the earth was like back in deep time.
The time when the the early landscapes (now well worn down or away) were young? The time when the gold we now seek was actively being deposited in cracks and fissures in that ancient landscape.
I feel like a detective trying to reimagine a crime scene.
I’m imagining a bare and mountainous landscape, a large volcano smoking in the distance lording over its realm.
Maybe the whole snow covered with glaciers grinding down the mountains and gouging out the valleys.
Or maybe a hot and steamy landscape, yet totally devoid of vegetation, because this was the age before life emerged from the sea.
Violent tropical storms dumping immense quantities of rain on landscapes ill prepared to defend itself against the floods. No trees, grasses, roots for it’s allies.
A landscape of beauty in its rawness, Oh what’s that over there, oh no someones shit roll.
Spoils my dreams every time.

Latest posts