Thoughts on 24 x 12 NF Coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have the above coil? I'm thinking of adding one to my collection. I have the standard coils which come with the 5000 and have recently got the 12 x 7 NF which I find good.
Does the 24 x 12 still pick up small stuff to say .5 gram? Would be using in the Vic triangle and WA at times.

cheers :|

Yes they will pick up .5g nuggets no worries. What is your reason for getting the coil? A common misconception is that these elliptical coils are good for deep targets. The depth a coil will go is defined by its smallest width, with this one it's 12" , so not much deeper than the standard 11". These coils are used mainly for the extra ground coverage when patch hunting. If your trying to go deeper look at the round monos 16" and over.

DD

Thanks guys, yes I am looking at depth as I have a chance of going on private property which has never been touched with a 5000. So I'm thinking if I can go deep I might get some missed targets. Any suggestions on a good coil for depth. Will be using it for patch hunting as well.

cheers

Latest posts