The Most Beautiful Gold Nugget!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markgoldhunter

mark johnston
Reaction score
I was absolutely gobsmacked when this lump showed itself. I knew it was going to be good but I am sure you will agree that this piece is truly special. The full story is in this month's G,G,T. and when I submitted it I was really hopeful that I might finally make the front cover or at least get the title on the cover but that did not happen. I will now have to try to find a better one [fat chance].
1577747953_gopr0195.jpg
Sorry I am not savvy enough to link you tube vid. Cheers Mark.

G'day Mark, wow nice bloody chunk, can you at least give us the title of your vid, i've tried to find it on youtube to no avail, and can you tell us what state/machine/depth it was found, i was going to wish you a happy new year, but looks like you got all the happiness right in your hand there pal! LOL

Hey thanks for all the great comments, the youtube title is 'the most beautiful gold nugget'. Madtuna you are a crackup, I hadn't realised that it looks like both of your suggestions. So it looks huge but it is quite thin so it 'only' goes 71grams and at the time it was my best yet then about 2 weeks later scored a 75g lump, not as pretty though. nearly 2 ft down found with 4500 that I have had since new in 2008, so I know it quite well, with 14'' coiltek elite. A good strong signal and I knew it was going to be good from the start. On the vid you would not guess that we are all experienced detectors, note how long it takes us to work out what 'no more sound in hole' means also take note of how little dirt is on the last shovel load out of the hole. Found in W.A. day after mothers day after picking up this specimen on the day before.
1577766637_gopr0196.jpg

Latest posts