The Hardware Store Is CLOSED!!!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friend of mine went to gaol for chasing an intruder out of his mothers house and throwing a kitchen knife at him as he ran across the front yard escaping. The knife stuck in. (Nothing major) the guy claimed he was innocently walking down the footpath enroute to the park, tossing a tennis ball up and down and inadvertantly dropped it over a fence. He went into the yard to retrieve it and was attacked by this madman with a knife. He won.

240V etc and other methods are Man Traps and not well received...

However you could have a Heavy duty Electric fence set up.

I did and it worked well under the house and was hooked to my bike, on at least one occasion I was awoken by a yelp and noises... But nothing taken ?

On another occasion, i was in a rush and forgot and zapped my self... Was not impressed....

Heard a "story" of a local bloke here who was packing his boat to go fishing at 3am. He was being quiet so he didnt wake his family. As he came outside to put another load of stuff in the boat, he caught a very surprised junkie, in his boat!
Sooo, he took him fishing with him.
Somehow, the young junkie managed to get himself cable tied to a mangrove, as the tide was rising. He was in shorts and a t shirt, and apparently the mozzies and sandflys really had their way with him, untill my mate "rescued" him, and cut him free!
Wonder what he thought when the big fella walked towards him with a filleting knife, only to cut him loose. Its said the junkie was quite a good runner, because its said he ran very quickly up the dirt road away from the boat ramp.

Sorry to hear about that. I really don't know what the place is coming to. Everybody knows someone who has been robbed or bashed for no reason.
It is getting as bad here in the country as in the city.

Sorry to hear about your situation. Sh*t does happen, though I would feel quite violated having people entering my property helping themselves to goods payed for with my hard earnt money. There is an attitude by those who steal that insurance will always cover any losses, and without consideration for ever rising premiums and the excesses involved - sometimes it is just not worthwhile claiming due to such factors.

With cigarette prices rising to unaffordable levels, I can see that being another whole issue with regards to theft. As if we don't already have enough issues with people pawning gear to pay for illegal drug usage, netherlone having to fork out for extra police resources to cope.

Rather than slapping these guys with a fine for theft, they should force them to work to pay the victim back for any lossed involved vs having to utilise their insurance.

About time people start taking responsibility for their daft actions, and put the victim first, not the perpetrator.

HeadsUp said:
there are much better quality CCTV cameras that can see clearly in pitch black .

they are CHEAP

look for cameras rated to 0.008 lux as minimum illumination levels

sounds like your cams have a real world rating of more like 0.1 - 0.5 lux ?

cameras with 16 x or 32 x sens up are also great at night , many of them dont even need infra red LED's either.

$ 29 - 50 each .

Hey Headsup could you let us in on brand and where we can get these cameras. The ones Ive got are not much chop even with infrared.

Cheers Creekbed

Latest posts