The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ramjet said:
Every member should read the first post of a topic as it will explain the purpose of the topic. Common sense really. The rules of the forum are general rules which do not often change. This topic was added a long time after the rules were written and if we added to the forum rules every time a new topic was added we would end up with huge volumes of rules. It is hard enough to get people to read the rules as they stand. EVERY competition has the rules written in the first post. If you have a look some individual sections, such as the for sales and comedy corner have rules at the top.
Starting at the start seems sensible to most. ;)

Well you know more about forums so your probably right ?Im not computer literrate really.
not my forte'
Would be great if this thread kicks off again soon, everyone is waiting!

Rules for newbies.
Ramjet said:
I borrowed this idea from another site. Just for a bit of fun,i thought we should find out our oldest Forum coin find.

But with a difference, I'll start of with a 2014 coin then someone else posts a 2013 coin find.
Next member posts a 2012 find and so on.Until we reach our oldest find without missing a consecutive date.

RULES : Coins must be found in Australia. Does not have to be an Australian coin but must be found in Australia.
It can be a coin or token. Coin dates have to be in order, and you cannot post consecutively dated coins.

CURRENTLY WAITING FOR A COIN FROM 1859

So to kick off here is a 2014 $2

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1417394559_2014.jpg

Ramjet said:
Every member should read the first post of a topic as it will explain the purpose of the topic. Common sense really. The rules of the forum are general rules which do not often change. This topic was added a long time after the rules were written and if we added to the forum rules every time a new topic was added we would end up with huge volumes of rules. It is hard enough to get people to read the rules as they stand. EVERY competition has the rules written in the first post. If you have a look some individual sections, such as the for sales and comedy corner have rules at the top.
Starting at the start seems sensible to most. ;)

You said the word "rules" 8 times in that post RJ. ?

Bring on the next coin!!!

Mike. :)

Will have a look tomorrow through my coins. Might have an 1859 handy.

OK Due to popular demand.... 1859 threepence.

1478342118_1859thrip.jpg

Well since I have discovered this now, Kato will be going thru the coins I have given her and her own coins to see if we can contribute.

Nice theme, we get to see what is out there and been found.

We do have 1800's coins, here's hoping. ;)

8) Still waiting on that 1856 to show up yet ,.... y'all better get digging ! :lol:

We had trouble I remember finding the 1856 one on the other forum I'm a member of until someone came through with a 1856 French coin. I will have a look at some of my foreign coins in that time frame.

Gotta keep watching and be ready to get in quick then ! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts