The Forum's Oldest Coin. Round 1.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just deleted about 6 posts because members are not following the rules.

Last warning. If you fail to follow the very simple rules you will no longer be able to participate in this game.

Ramjet said:
I borrowed this idea from another site. Just for a bit of fun,i thought we should find out our oldest Forum coin find.
But with a difference, I'll start of with a 2014 coin then someone else posts a 2013 coin find.
Next member posts a 2012 find and so on.Until we reach our oldest find without missing a consecutive date.
RULES : Coins must be found in Australia. Does not have to be an Australian coin but must be found in Australia.
It can be a coin or token. Coin dates have to be in order, and you cannot post consecutively dated coins.

WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A COIN FROM 1866.

Oops - sorry. Got carried away.

Here is 1866

1473336363_1866.jpg

Could you possibly write the rules in BOLD on the first post?

Very hard to find them.
Cheers.

Why don't you make it no member can post consecutive dates unless a period of at least 7 days has past? Been 1859 for ages and one of our members (you) has found one in a legit way. 7 days gives another member a chance to contribute, but if no-one else has one then it should be open again . Just an idea.

The rules are to try make it fair for everyone. Not all members log in weekly so we leave it a while. There is no rush and as we get into the older coins, there are fewer of them around. At some point we will have a vote if we allow consecutive posts or skip a year etc.

I think we are going to find it a long time between drinks at this stage of the game if only allowing non-consecutive posts. Maybe we should look at altering the rules from here on in, or if stuck on a particular date for a certain period. Personally I only have a few coin dates before the 1850's.

Ramjet not all member read through all the posts.
I looked in the rules section prior to posting and didnt know the rules would be listed in someones post...

One would assume the rules are in the rules section ;)

No pun intended in my previous post, was simply stating that people who have not read all the posts may not see the rules you wrote.
Hopefully someone finds one soon...

Every member should read the first post of a topic as it will explain the purpose of the topic. Common sense really. The rules of the forum are general rules which do not often change. This topic was added a long time after the rules were written and if we added to the forum rules every time a new topic was added we would end up with huge volumes of rules. It is hard enough to get people to read the rules as they stand. EVERY competition has the rules written in the first post. If you have a look some individual sections, such as the for sales and comedy corner have rules at the top.
Starting at the start seems sensible to most. ;)

Ramjet said:
Currently looking for a coin from 1859. :D

I have a lovely 1859 theepence but cannot post consecutive dates. 8.(
Not till tomorrow.

Ramjet said:
Every member should read the first post of a topic as it will explain the purpose of the topic. Common sense really. The rules of the forum are general rules which do not often change. This topic was added a long time after the rules were written and if we added to the forum rules every time a new topic was added we would end up with huge volumes of rules. It is hard enough to get people to read the rules as they stand. EVERY competition has the rules written in the first post. If you have a look some individual sections, such as the for sales and comedy corner have rules at the top.
Starting at the start seems sensible to most. ;)

Well you know more about forums so your probably right ?Im not computer literrate really.
not my forte'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts