TESLA HYPOCRITES

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The hypocrisy of these Tesla wankers ! Hooked up to a caravan power point at Caiguna WA van park, charging their RIP OIL " green " machine from a diesel generator that runs the park !
When I challenged them about that, their answer was " its excess power because the generator is running all the time " !! 🤣🤣
Never mind that the generator has to work harder when the Tesla wankers hook up to it ! 🤬🤬
PS : The occupants had to stay in a motel room all night, while they waited for their " green machine " to charge up, also run by the same dirty diesel generator !! 🤣🤣
It not only works harder - the "harder" is equivalent to ALL the energy consumed charging their battery. Everything they consumed is ADDITIONAL to its normal running. We have not yet invented perpetual motion or free energy - what comes out must go in!

Last edited:
It not only works harder - the "harder" is equivalent to ALL the energy consumed charging their battery. Everything they consumed is ADDITIONAL to its normal running. We have not yet invented perpetual motion!
Something nobody seems to mention, is that the amount of carbon dioxide emission reduction obtained using an electric car is relative to the co2 generated creating that electricity. While it is definitely a saving it is not quite as large as assumed. A petrol car generates about 355 g of carbon dioxide per km. A Tesla uses 0.21 KwH per km Australia currently generates 656 g carbon dioxide per KwH for electricity generation, so that is 0.21x656 = 138 gm/km. An emission reduction of 217 g carbon dioxide per km, or only 61%.

So electric cars cannot be considered to be zero emission vehicles as claimed.

Check my maths......

Last edited:
GR.
The electric car is just the start.
You well know that electricity will increasingly be generated by wind/solar, as opposed to hydrocarbons, and that the price of batteries will drop whilst their reliability, efficiency and range between recharges will rise.
Yes., it's early days, but this is a happening thing!

GR.
You well know that electricity will increasingly be generated by wind/solar, as opposed to hydrocarbons, and that the price of batteries will drop whilst their reliability, efficiency and range between recharges will rise.
Yes, I was talking more in the time frame of people thinking they are achieving absolute savings and not realising that the entire picture must change before one can get the full benefit of things like electric cars. I still do not see much talk about new transmission systems, which is why people are paid so much less for their rooftop solar overproduction. Yes, batteries will make a difference, but at $US33,000 for a new one you cannot really afford this every 7 years. And when people talk about mileages per charge they are usually not allowing for a 10% drop over time, and that you have to fill up well before that (easier to judge with petrol, so another 10%). Russian cobalt is important for lithium battteries and is in limited supply (most is from the Congo which is stable - for the moment. No easy alternative sources. So like Europe with its gas, we create a situation where most lithium batteries throughout the world are dependant on a single unstable country. Needs to be thought out and planned properly, and the only people really enthusiastic are those buying electric cars and rooftop solar, thinking they are getting benefits NOW! Needs a bigger plan urgently. Even regarding mineral resources - most of the public are simply anti-mining, so we never hear discussion of strategic resource planning there (ensuring at lest some emergency resources - it can take ten years to find a mine. Australia is only one of the world's highest per capita enmitter because most of Europe, North America and much of Asia went nuclear decades ago.

And how do you charge along Australia's road networks when most places outside the high-population east coast don't even have mains electricity lines after more than 100 years? It is not just holiday-makers, it is the trucks that supply the widely spaced towns or travel between cities, including those carrying commodities for export..

Basic story is the cars are only good if you use them locally, they take time to charge, and the saving in emissions is only around 60% in Australia at present. Think and plan, don't just enthuse.

GR.
Suburban areas perhaps and maybe, country and outback regions won't be in my lifetime. Downfalls in computerised and electronic ecu's etc in both vehicles and machinery in outer areas is already an issue. Good example is an old points ignition with carby vehicle can be mobile again with the side of a match box to clean up the points and fuel in a coke can will get you home. Not so in a vehicle with injection and electronic ignition. Some times progress is in fact a step backwards as it creates a whole new set of issues to the equation.

Tell me why electric cars don't have bonnets roofs and boots made of solar panels ? They are parked in the sun all day !!
Apparently it would take 90 days in full sunlight not using the car to do a recharge. So just too small a benefit for the inconvenience I guess... I imagine there would be efficiency issues like the car being less streamlined and therefore using more power per km. Guessing.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-advice/q-and-a/why-dont-electric-cars-have-solar-panels-84699

Tell me why electric cars don't have bonnets roofs and boots made of solar panels ? They are parked in the sun all day !!
The Dutch have built a car where they have lowered the accelleration level in order to give it more range than Tesla,

The Car is called "The Lightyear One" It was on the News here the other day and here is the Info,

hope that helps,

https://lightyear.one/lightyear-one

The masses will be channelled into public transport. The public transport will be privatised.The prices will rise to please the shareholders,Yada,Yada,Yada.From 1990 the public utilities etc were rapidly privatised creating the Howard surplus years but the debt skyrocketed upwards.Like a game of chess the future has been played .This is the new goldfields.

Like this, and as we all know these batteries can and do catch fire, in everything from mobile phones to skate boards, so I guess it can happen to electric cars and even the battery storage units that are being fitted to the side of houses.

Attachments

• electric cars.png
    electric cars.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 0
I like the idea of the Lightyear One but like any new car builder it'll surely hit the road plagued by teething problems and you'll pay a considerable premium for the privilege.

I watched recently a video of a fella on the side of the road with a ‘flat’ leccy vehicle. He borrowed a jerry can of fuel to charge up the vehicle. The fella lending the jerrycan of fuel asked how he was going to use petrol. This fella popped the boot lid to reveal a Honda genny that was out of fuel.

laccy bands are the future!

Latest posts