" The Green Thing. "

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now you have to buy new plastic bags for rubbish bags! Instead of recycling the shopping bags as such !
They dd this as a cost cut!
NO OTHER REASONS!
Yet wrap grapes, corn etc in plastic!
Hypocritical

I tell most greenies to get ******, I do my bit, I walk to the shops, I use one 11 watt low energy Globe, I don't use the heating in the house here even in winter, It was 6.9*c in my bathroom this morning, I wear Longjohns to keep the cold at bay and thermal boots to keep my feet warm,

Last year I had a few problems with the cold where I was going in to shock but with some quick thinking I was alright within a half hour. I have many energy saving Ideas that work well and saves money too so life is good.

RR.

mudgee hunter said:
Now you have to buy new plastic bags for rubbish bags! Instead of recycling the shopping bags as such !
NO OTHER REASONS!
Hypocritical

Woolworths donate a few million dollars is bags costs and are hero's. In reality they profit many millions form it. Scum really.

It amuses me to read comments on topics like this that refer to 'the greenies' and yet I firmly believe that all of us who spend a considerable amount of time in the outdoors, whether it be prospecting, fishing, bird watching, bush walking or any activity that puts us in touch with nature, have a certain tinge of green about us - it's just that some are a darker shade than others.

I was born in the bush, grew up in the bush, worked in the bush, now retired in the bush and above all, I respect the bush and hate to see it trashed - does that make me a 'greenie'? If so, I am glad to wear the title.

We, the so called intelligent species, have been trashing and polluting the planet ever since we invented throw away items and we are the only life form on Earth to do so, but if any of our species speaks out about the mess we have created, they are labelled a 'greenie'. Sure, some environmental groups demonstrate extreme views that do not do their cause much good, but their actions & views do not create the mess that those at the other end of the spectrum have been doing for quite some time, all in the excuse of making life easy.

Aside from prospecting, my main passion in life is fishing, especially in remote northern locations and there is hardly a place that I visit that I do not come across a plastic bag with a Tweed Bait Supply label - on beaches, in rivers and creeks and often floating many kilometres offshore. It makes my blood boil with rage that somebody who shares the same past-time as myself could not give a damn about the mess they leave behind, let alone the harm it does to marine life.

Maybe I'm a darker shade of green than I thought I was, regardless of the fact that I am a fishing maniac, I love digging holes and my favourite tool in the shed is a Stihl chainsaw.

Jeff

goldtrapper said:
mudgee hunter said:
NO OTHER REASONS!
Hypocritical

Woolworths donate a few million dollars is bags costs and are hero's. In reality they profit many millions form it. Scum really.
You know any donation is a tax deduction they get a really big benefit and save on supplying bags to customers

Hh

We us bush goers are the same as you so no
need to label yourself. :) :)

It is called "Respect"

You take something out of the bush you have to put something back
into it.
Otherwise, It will come back and bite you.

snafu said:
It amuses me to read comments on topics like this that refer to 'the greenies' and yet I firmly believe that all of us who spend a considerable amount of time in the outdoors, whether it be prospecting, fishing, bird watching, bush walking or any activity that puts us in touch with nature, have a certain tinge of green about us - it's just that some are a darker shade than others.

I was born in the bush, grew up in the bush, worked in the bush, now retired in the bush and above all, I respect the bush and hate to see it trashed - does that make me a 'greenie'? If so, I am glad to wear the title.

We, the so called intelligent species, have been trashing and polluting the planet ever since we invented throw away items and we are the only life form on Earth to do so, but if any of our species speaks out about the mess we have created, they are labelled a 'greenie'. Sure, some environmental groups demonstrate extreme views that do not do their cause much good, but their actions & views do not create the mess that those at the other end of the spectrum have been doing for quite some time, all in the excuse of making life easy.

Aside from prospecting, my main passion in life is fishing, especially in remote northern locations and there is hardly a place that I visit that I do not come across a plastic bag with a Tweed Bait Supply label - on beaches, in rivers and creeks and often floating many kilometres offshore. It makes my blood boil with rage that somebody who shares the same past-time as myself could not give a damn about the mess they leave behind, let alone the harm it does to marine life.

Maybe I'm a darker shade of green than I thought I was, regardless of the fact that I am a fishing maniac, I love digging holes and my favourite tool in the shed is a Stihl chainsaw.

Jeff

Tathradj said:
We us bush goers are the same as you so no
need to label yourself. :) :)

It is called "Respect"

You take something out of the bush you have to put something back
into it.

Otherwise, It will come back and bite you.

Therein lays the problem, Tathradj, it is the putting something back into the bush that a huge percentage of the population don't give a damn about, with that something being trash.

When I first started swinging a detector, I soon realised that the early prospectors were a messy bunch leaving their rubbish all over the place and after a while I realised that some of the modern day prospectors are no different.

Jeff

Latest posts