Television

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some reason? I can't auto tune ch10 into this tv-maybe the aerial is at fault. The new tv still in box waiting for our neighbour to stop going on holidays.
No rush we'll get there. I stopped liking NCIS when Ziva left. She is a real cutie. New team members also made it hard to watch. A quality drop in talent. Watched The Queens Gambit for a while and tired of it.
Maybe just getting older.... :zzz: :zzz: :)

Mackka said:
ABC and SBS however, i have been watching the occasional Death in Paradise repeat and NCIS.
Mackka

Me Too, I only watch NCIS and they have it on a couple of channels here also I watch a few Christmas movies coz they are always good for a laugh and I don't mind Arctic/Snow Info Doco's,

I rearely watch the News because it is on 24/7 on the BBC and Sky

At leased the F1 Qualy is on today and the Race is on Tomorrow, :Y: :trophy:

Jaros said:
I don't see anything exciting about F1 racing-supercars-Big fire breathing V8's. :eek: :)

Then you should of watched last weekends race where Lewis Hamilton got disquallified for an 0.2mm Or 0.007" of an inch error on one side of his rear wing during the Pre race, and the in the race had to take a grid penalty of being put back 5 places and then got pushed back to 10th on the Grid,

3 Times they knobbled him and On lap 3 he was in 5th position and went on to win the race, He drove like a man possessed, Not since Brocky in the 70's have I seen such skill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrYvB2iyjUA&t=2s

Glad you mentioned Brocky. I used to hang around Sandown Racecourse in the 60's and snuck in thru the dam to watch all my favourites handle the esses and smell of racing fuel. Norm Beechey was another favourite,Bob Jane etc.

I can remember Brocky going around Sandown in his Austin A35 with a Holden motor in it . I sure he won the race .

Also went to the drags at Calder and on the Goldcoast .

At a track in real time watching Top Fuel dragsters is bloody awesome, anything the can go from a standing start to over 500k/h in less than 400 metres is well Awesome, and who cares if it uses 60 litres of fuel to do it, there not built for fuel economy :)

This was at the Perth Motorplex

"Top Fuel track record of 3.854 seconds for the 1000-feet racing distance while Lamattina earned the track record and ANDRA national record speed mark at 505.23km/h."

Got this tv/DVD combo off Gumtree today, only use's 45w plus 4w for the sound so my little inverter runs it. Haven't got an Arial for it, I haven't watched tv in mooooooooonths!
1637408448_20211120_152250.jpg

It's interesting you guys mention Brock, Only this morning I was reading about that B.S Polarizer that he was pushing that supposedly made a car go better. Anyway, the article linked to another one, which is here https://v8guru.blogspot.com/2017/02/25-february-brock-polarizes-opinion.html

I didn't realize just how messed up he was at the time, poor bastard, at one time even believing he was possessed by the ghost of a track marshal who died at one of the events he raced at. Waving crystals over food, getting people to run their tyres with less air to help the polarizer work better etc. It's a very interesting read if you stick with it. And as for TV, I couldn't care much for it either. I'd rather read a book or do some research online.

Yeah no doubt about it, good tv viewing has disappeared. I watch the re runs of NCIS mainly because Ziva is there, SAS Australia when it's on and The Chase. The News is mostly crap these days. The so called reality shows are so far from reality as to be ridiculous contrived edited drivel. Used to watch Sunrise but that has turned into a politically correct load of garbage. We cannot even have a go at The Cash Cow coz Telstra won't allow the phone connection.
We practically never watched SBS but am now finding that some of their movies are not so bad even with sub titles,.. that tells you how bad the main stream channels have become.
We find ourselves doing a lot more crosswords in the evenings...the type with prizes. Have won a Victor mower, a great set of saucepans and some other items.

Television is an essential (used loosely) entertainment source in our household. We have a small foxtel package for sport mainly and Netflix for movies, docos, foreign series etc. The bride when inactive watches the tv although after many years of encouragement she is now reading more books on her iPad.
Having all those choices helps with finding something to tempt ones interests. If the bride watches something of no interest to me, on goes the music and headphones.

Manpa said:
Television is an essential (used loosely) entertainment source in our household. We have a small foxtel package for sport mainly and Netflix for movies, docos, foreign series etc. The bride when inactive watches the tv although after many years of encouragement she is now reading more books on her iPad.
Having all those choices helps with finding something to tempt ones interests. If the bride watches something of no interest to me, on goes the music and headphones.

yep, our TV hardly ever gets used to see the "News" it is mainly used for Netfilx and we bought the Kayo (Foxtel) package for sport, as for the Sunrise and the Today morning TV shows I don't even waste to electricity to turn them on anymore,