tax on rego caravans and trailers NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldfezz

kevin fairall
Reaction score
this so call new weight tax on caravans and trailer on mine has gone from $60 per year to $365 now

well all I can say you condor22 don't move to nsw you have rego that we all wound like

Well I say fair enough if it's going into the roads but all the roads around here in vic are still full of pot holes from the floods a few years ago. Just remember the budgets blown! Blown up there nose.

oldfezz said:
this so call new weight tax on caravans and trailer on mine has gone from $60 per year to $365 now

WHAT!! You have to be bloody kidding...is this on a box trailer?

The issue I have is that, we already pay $700 + to put the tow vehicle on the road in the first place. Any trailer, camper or caravan needs one to move. It's double dipping.

Secondly, I just did a month in the GT with my caravan. I did 3,300kms all up, of that about 1,200 were with the van and that was Adelaide to Victoria. I'm doing it again in a month or 2, so another 1,200 and later in the year about 1,000 to the Flinders Ranges. Also about another 800kms in smaller trips. So a total of approx. 4,200kms very part time for the year.

I drive nearer 20,000 in a year, so only 20% with the van. Many trailer towers do a smaller %, the odd ones more, so it would be a logical opinion that the cost of registering a trailer/van should be a LOT cheaper than a car.

Also bear in mind that a car registration fee is largely 3rd part insurance to cover injury. So surely that would cover others with or without a van, especially as nobody is in a van when driving.

Such a huge increase is just a cash grab and should be protested....

Latest posts