Stuart Town, Lake Burrendong and Mookerawa NSW information + questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve I am new to Prospecting and live in Wellington NSW, if you would like to detect any time let me know would be great to meet some members from around Wellington NSW.
Cheers Leonne

Ramjet said:
:) patience and persistence seems the way to go.
Did you see Syndyne posts on Stuart Town?
He got the gold eventually :)

Cheers Rod!

This is true. I was only there trailing the 5000 just to see how she handled in the field/test the new coil etc. and after ten days of tinkering here and there, came away with a nice little piece.

I'm sure there's still some little beauties sitting just under the surface in places. I know there are other recent threads here too where some nice specie bits have been found around there.

All the best,
Shauno

Well the AT GOLD failed in finding me any colour, but my but my handy dandy classifying/concentrating bucket combo worked quite well, not enough to warrant another trip, but at least i found some colour :D

971708_388554641246763_137670625_n.jpg

Well done Garnet,
Did you get time to pen the "B" side to you Gold Fever single?

Cheers Brad.

Oh there is plenty more there heatho, but you have to move an awful lot of soil to get it we ran about 8 10litre buckets to get what we got

Ah there probably won't be a next time there for me I'll leave that spot for the locals, too far to travel with way too much work for way too little gain i get more near me mates place lol. Next location for me is gonna be mount adrah IF i can get permission :/

I think iam going to stuart town to fine a new spot on saturday a
nd sunday.

G'day Steveo,

Hope your luck turns for you on this trip. Keep an open mind and think outside the box a little. Just got to be smarter than the gold in old areas like that :)

All the best this time out.
Cheers,
Shauno.

Hi Folks,

Heading to this area for the next few days and want to have a bit of a detect to check out our gear

before heading West.

Realised the timing is a bit off with the start of the school holidays but can anyone suggest

a good camp spot. We have a caravan and don't need power or water.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

Den.

Camping at the sports ground in Stuart Town is by donation and there are hot showers. (water is a bit smelly though). Meals at the pub if you want a meal out. Popular with the free camp/never pay vanners.

Mookerawa Waters and Burrendong waters state parks have lots of places to camp near gold on the edge of the lake or in the main camping/van areas.. Car entry is $11 per car (one off cost for length of stay. Unpowered sites are $10 per person. Shops, great amenities and pool at both. (both places have websites to gain info from and both places encourage fossicking as an activity to do). Detecting on the dam is a great way to replenish your fishing sinker supplies.

The Stuart Town common is reportley not for camping (The Common's Trust were concerned with "permanent camps" on the common a few years ago) I have camped there many times for detecting...no problems.(gold diggings to detect everywhere over 100's of hectares). Don't camp in sight of the house block located in the common and only light a small camp fire if you need one for cooking/billy). .
RDD

Thanks RDD,

Arrived Stuart Town very late this afternoon so camped up at the Oval for tonight.

Will take a drive around and find the Common in the morning.

Cheers
Qlden