Stolen GPZ7000 31/8/2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just posting a copy of a report on another page:

I've just been advised, that a Minelab GPZ 7000 has been stolen from EE Day & Son, Ballarat, this morning.

The lowlife, took off with it, running out of the store and in the process, broke the lower shaft of the detector, and leaving behind the coil and also the WM12 wireless module.

So if anyone sees or hears about a shady character asking for the lower shaft, coil and module on Face Book or prospecting forum sites, please contact Mark Day immediately.

scottlucky said:
hopefully CCTV got a look at him.
the rat is a small place

CCTV footage would be a bonus, if there is (depending on legalities) hopefully it could be posted on PA.

Many eyes make light work for the coppers, hopefully.

someone has/had very bad gold fever and could not take not having one anymore.. :| probably a pa member... :/ being real I hate thieves.. :)

More info:
Wow how desperate people are getting. This was stolen from a shop in Ballarat EE Day & Son

STOLEN GPZ7000" You know things are getting "BAD" when people steal right in front of your face. Today we had two low life guys steal a GPZ7000! We chased them, wrestled with them ! Only to give up when life's were endangered. The getaway car reversed across the double lanes of Howitt St, only to speed off with the goods. If anybody knows anything ? Please contact crime stoppers on 1800 333 000

1472635516_image.jpeg

SteelPat said:
More info:
Wow how desperate people are getting. This was stolen from a shop in Ballarat EE Day & Son

STOLEN GPZ7000" You know things are getting "BAD" when people steal right in front of your face. Today we had two low life guys steal a GPZ7000! We chased them, wrestled with them ! Only to give up when life's were endangered. The getaway car reversed across the double lanes of Howitt St, only to speed off with the goods. If anybody knows anything ? Please contact crime stoppers on 1800 333 000

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4467/1472635516_image.jpeg

Good job Eyes wide open now thanks for posting.

Mickkat12 said:
Prob was more to the story... maybe a disgruntled gpz owner

? Sorry don't get your drift. If it was a disgruntled owner they'd be identifiable by reason of original purchase I'd be thinking. That said it wouldn't make it to PA as a stolen GPZ if that was the case.

Wishfull said:
Ridge Runner said:
Theres Plenty of Old mines needing some land fill,

J

:lol: Not nice but.

I don't like Thieves and Liars, I don't care how broke people are there is just no excuse for it,

It's a shame the thief did not trip over the machine and land on his Azz, then he would of been caught well and truly,

John.

I don't own a GPZ yet, for those that do are you able to engrave the shafts with your machines serial number and maintain warranty. Might be worth checking with ML if it's allowable could be worth considering. Someone (Scumbag) is desperate for one

How safe are we in the bush,by ourselves,with a expensive "DETECTOR"????????

Regards Frank

Latest posts