Stolen GPZ7000 31/8/2016

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thedigger said:
How safe are we in the bush,by ourselves,with a expensive "DETECTOR"????????

Regards Frank

No less safe than you are at home sleeping.
If anyone wants what you have bad enough they will try to take it no matter what.

Whats important is how you prepare and present yourself.

When im alone in the bush i actually feel like less of a target because its just me and my gear and a big pointy steel pick that iv become very good at swinging(no car)
And i have become pretty good at making sure i see you before you see me.....giving me time to sus out the situation.

When im out bush with my father in law im paranoid of letting the car out of sight.
He on the other just wanders off out of sight without a care lol
Im always worried the 4WD will be broken into.

Will keep an eye out for any broken GPZ's good idea putting up the serial number.

RM Outback said:
I don't own a GPZ yet, for those that do are you able to engrave the shafts with your machines serial number and maintain warranty. Might be worth checking with ML if it's allowable could be worth considering. Someone (Scumbag) is desperate for one

Serial No is on the coil dude!

Just check the local Ballarat METH dealers joint.....there it shall be!

LC76 Re (When im out bush with my father in law im paranoid of letting the car out of sight.)

A Car Alarm may lessen the stress and using a speaker rather than headphones will allow you to hear someone walking up behind you.

PeterInSa said:
LC76 Re (When im out bush with my father in law im paranoid of letting the car out of sight.)

A Car Alarm may lessen the stress and using a speaker rather than headphones will allow you to hear someone walking up behind you.

Think you missed the point of what i was trying to say.

Yeah I had about 60kg of hairy friend also .............. inside the car and anyone that can open the door and reach inside ....................... good luck with that ;)

I lie everytime someone asks how much my deus was. Theres prob a few people looking for crazy cheap deus machines lol

Bogger said:
Yeah I had about 60kg of hairy friend also .............. inside the car and anyone that can open the door and reach inside ....................... good luck with that ;)

Not worried about your dog? Too attached to my 60kg pooch to leave him alone at camp or in a car. Some jerk might throw him some rat bait or other cruel antics.

Jaros said:
Don't know what life would be like without a dog, especially our Cocker Spaniel-Nelson. He is part human. :p
my 2 pomeranians and the chihuahua they go ballistic ..... would love to see someone jumping the fence .... they`ll go for them ankles :)

My mastiff/dane X (Clifford) has the right instincts. He defends his terriitory from strangers and animals. Killed a kangaroo that jumped the fence into the yard a while back. He was originally bred for pig hunting in Darwin and was my ex girlfriends. The irony is I always wanted a small dog like a jack russell. Ended up in my care after we broke up. He thinks he's a lap dog and will ensure he's sitting on my lap and blocking my view of the tele every evening. Crawls under the bed sheets at 6am sharp each morning. Loves anyone who's been introduced to him. Bloody emotional animals that have a way of softening you up.

nuggetino said:
My mastiff/dane X (Clifford) has the right instincts. He defends his terriitory from strangers and animals. Killed a kangaroo that jumped the fence into the yard a while back. He was originally bred for pig hunting in Darwin and was my ex girlfriends. The irony is I always wanted a small dog like a jack russell. Ended up in my care after we broke up. He thinks he's a lap dog and will ensure he's sitting on my lap and blocking my view of the tele every evening. Crawls under the bed sheets at 6am sharp each morning. Loves anyone who's been introduced to him. Bloody emotional animals that have a way of softening you up.

I have a bull mastiff x dane named Buddy. he is exactly as you described Clifford is. 60kg lap dog who loves cuddles but will defend his territory for anything that moves including clouds and tree branches moving in the wind.

My parents used to breed danes, not the American style skinny sickly looking things you see these days, these were the chunky proper German type Danes. Their biggest was 115kg, he thought he was a lapdog too. Took 4 people to lift him onto a vets surgical table one time. :) He was good at rounding up anyone who came onto their property.

nuggetino said:
Bogger said:

Not worried about your dog? Too attached to my 60kg pooch to leave him alone at camp or in a car. Some jerk might throw him some rat bait or other cruel antics.

On second thought this doesn't really rate a response, just my shadow having another dig :D

Hi all.
I heard about a stolen GPZ-7000 so I thought I'd post this here.

Theres an ad from someone in Abbeywood, QLD, selling a second hand GPZ for $3500AUD.

At that price, its either a SCAM, most likely, or it could be a stolen one.

I thought you'd like to know.

The link for the ad is here:

buyandsellaustralia.com.au/ad/5113

Latest posts