Still looking to catch yellow fever

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So over the Queens birthday weekend I took my wife and grand daughter over to Mudgee. Off course we met up with Mudgee Hunter who pointed us in the right direction. I am not keeping the location secret I just can't remember where we went. It was about 37klms out of Mudgee on the Hill End road. MH gave us a mud map and were we glad of that! We found the place we were looking for and it was a bunch of old mine workings. Off I went with my Minelab detector and began the search. I had been sweeping for about ten minutes when the minelab started to go off. I got excited and started scratching after a few minutes the signal had moved and I knew I had found something. I am thinking this must be a very small nugget and easy to see why the china man missed it. Had I mentioned it was raining? I was very wet but not willing to give up my find. After all this was going to be my first. Eureka! I found it! It was a fish hook.

I was soaked to the skin and my wife and granddaughter were in the car enjoying the warmth I kept going for about another hour and despite the weather I loved my time there and I am keen to go back.

A big thanks to Mudgee Hunter for helping us out and whilst I did not find anything I loved my time there.

So I am still looking for my first real find :(

Glad you had a good time considering the weather. Show you 1500 acresvat maitland bar next.
Great to meet you.

Latest posts