Steveo1's Tibooburra trip

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

steveo1 said:
S..t I think we are going to be stuck out there at tibooburra after seeing the rain coming. At cobar now .broken hill tomorrow . tibooburra Saturday if we can get in. :D

Well they finally got in:
1408662280_14086615668080.jpg

Spoke to Mr & Mrs Steveo1 this morning & they are having a great trip up to Tibooburra after a bit of a set back with the weather. The country up there is beautiful from all reports. It has now jumped a few spots on my must do list. The detecting has been going brilliantly too!

With not a lot of detecting time to spare Steveo fired up the the SDC2300 & in about 1/2 a day out on day 1 got these 22 beauty's:

1408662405_14086615761181.jpg

Second day out proved just as successful with another 35:
1408662464_14086615880102.jpg

I reckon that's a great effort. 1 1/2 days & 57 nuggets! :cool:

Not sure mate. Steves on his way to White Cliffs today so might get on later if he has service? The gold at Tibooburra is known for being small so I reckon it would be under a gram. 57 bits is a terrific effort regardless of weight - many go up there & return empty handed so for a first trip with limited time to detect its fan-bloody-tastic! :)

Thanks you haven't got my scales I will let you know when I get home.

Wow mate,,,,,,

This sdc2300 is some machine ay

Are all you people working for minelab????

You know,boosting the sales??

Or is this machine as good and easy ,I mean the gpx 5000 is the sh?t right ,but all the hype about the all blue and new SUPER SDC 2300 is crazy.

Envy your finds mate ,and it am certainly totally confused know about which one I am going to buy!

Varts.....

Yep I love the 2300 and the gold that comes with it. I must say tibooburra is a great place it should be on every body bucket list and the people are so friendly.

Varts said:
Wow mate,,,,,,

Or is this machine as good and easy ,I mean the gpx 5000 is the sh?t right ,but all the hype about the all blue and new SUPER SDC 2300 is crazy.

Envy your finds mate ,and it am certainly totally confused know about which one I am going to buy!

Varts.....

No hype on the SDC mate, it's all true. :D

Varts said:
Wow mate,,,,,,

Varts.....

I was wondering the same thing and ended up buying the SDC2300 and no regrets, its as good as people are saying. Buts its horses for courses and if you are after nuggets of size down deep, then the 5000 is the weapon of choice. From what I've seen at Tibooburra the 5000 is also very good with the tiny nuggets but nowhere near as easy to use on the small nuggs as the 2300. I didn't buy the 5000 for one other reason and that is because I believe the new model will be released early next year. Dont want to buy a machine that expensive when its about to be updated.

Ian

I'm glad to hear that you are having great success and fun detecting with your new sdc 2300 Cheers!

Latest posts