Status of Creek reports at Tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As someone who only panned on the weekend, waders were a godsend. I also used those big red chemical gloves. $2 on special from bunnings. Bargain and really helped with the cold water. A little bulky though.

Just quick heads up on the flood that we had in the creek last week,all crossing of the Tuena creek have been badly damaged and you have no chance getting arcoss any of them,untill the council repairs them,the only place to have a dig is at the camping ground,the flood nearly made it onto the cricket pitch,if you had plan a trip forget it until the crossings are fixed....Will keep you updated on the repairs....
Happy hunting Dave....

It must have been a good one. :eek:
Be very keen to see how the creek has changed.
Thanks Goldrocs. :)

Dave,
Did the flood cover the powered camp site area?
How deep would the water have been in the powered camp ground area?

Regards

Ian

dam i was planning on heading there sat! Is the water still up or has it subsided?

Hi Dave
Thanks for letting us know.. hope all is well up there.
See you in a couple of months :)
Cheers Tim.

Is anyone still planning on going for a dig? Im still going to head out that way as I havent been there before.

Ended up travelling out that way, not many prospectors around, It was pretty hard to find consistency and was only mananging around 3 decent flakes per pan. Overall the area we camped in was magic and for a first time there I can say that I def head back. So peaceful. Even got to me the famous Wal and Liz. Very lovely and polite people and were more then happy to help me out as a new prospector.

I went out there yesterday too. I found about the same 2-3 flakes a pan. Although admittedly I don't really know what I'm doing as I'm pretty new to the hobby. Seeing the effects of the flood was pretty amazing!

The crossing was closed as the driveway was to muddy. probably once it dries out in a few weeks you could cross

Quick question, roughly where we can drive on the other side of that crossing? On my two trips out there I didn't even realise we could go over, I just assumed it was private property.

Thanks...

Brendon

There are a number of tracks leading to locked gates, which is as far as you can go without explicit permission. The gates correspond with the boundaries of the Crown Land. Remember the Crown Land is under a grazing lease, and prospecting is possible by virtue of the good offices of the lease holder.

You can see the tracks on Google Earth or Google Maps satellite view, and the tracks give access to the creek at a number of locations generally downstream of the camping area.

All prospecting activity should observe normal good practice and courtesy in relation to the lease holder. IE fill in your holes, leave unlocked gates as you found them, and say good day to the farmer and express your appreciation when you see him. Don't camp over the other side of the creek, don't leave rubbish lying about, and make sure you patronise the store.

Latest posts