Status of Creek reports at Tuena

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Temps around Bathurst suppose to get down to a minimum of -1 from Sunday morning.

Gday everyone was just wandering if anybody could tell me what the water level is doing at tuena at the moment, last time I went it was barely flowing.

Hi to all, Any one know how the creek is at the the Caravan cross'in....''Reefer and the Banjo Man"... might be up for pick'n up nuggets by day. n' pick'n some country by night..hehe!...copies of my book for children entitled Sage and Sandom and The Island of the Monkmees are humbly offered ,all.. personally signed by myself and the artist with whom I co -wrote this adventure for kids age 7 to 12.Any how I'll have a flyer floating around at "Parson's Store"..IF jANELLE graciously allows ..and your welcome to approach our camp and introduce yourself...just love those clear -crisp nights, the malty bite of that..Shot' a Daniel's, and my guitar in my arms.!Oh,reader...! forgive me..its the fever.You see I have this fever and it effects me very strangely..alas! I know not the the weather of my way.the tempasts the storms. The height of the crossings, the depth of the mud.... all costs incurred for...Gold! GOLD!.... AT ALL COST

Thanks - We are headed up on 18th Sept, should be down by then I hope if there is no more rain :lol:

Cheers

Barry

Goldrocs said:
The tuena creek is in flood at the moment,so anyone thinking of heading this way on the weekend forget,as the creek is to high to do any fossicking...Just a heads up...
Cheers GR....

Good to hear from you Ian hope you and the family are all well..
Cheers GR...

Hi All,

1465968720_tuena_creek_levels__1465968601_49285.jpg

Just thought I'd post a pic up of the Tuena creek levels. This was on Wednesday the 8th of June, just a little up from the crossing. I was advised not to try to cross the creek in my car, which I didn't. But I think someone did get through. Hopefully this will give someone an idea of what's been happening up that way after the recent rains (about 100mm over the two previous days 6th-7th of June)

I managed to find some little bits, which was great. more than I have found before. I only panned. I guess my sluice will have to wait a little longer, which sucks because I was pretty keen on giving it a go.

I couldn't really walk up or down the creek though as it was too high. I did manage to fall in hole up to my chest - another reason I didn't want to venture too far. Stupid, but a good reason not to try and walk in a creek where you can't see the bottom, even if you are on the edge!

I'm pretty sure you guys who have done a bit of this before will find some good stuff with your high bankers and sluices!

Good luck.

Wow.. is that up on the bend to the right, last i was there the wall only had a couple of large puddles on the bend. Time to dig the high patches once the level
drops I recon ;)

Thanks for that. Another system is predicted over the weekend, and it will be interesting to see how much rain Tuena gets. I'm hoping that a the creek is down a bit by the 24th!

Meteye is forecasting up to 20mm on Sunday and 60mm on Monday the 20th. That will bring the creek up if it happens!

1465972143_tuena_june_16_meteye.jpg

Here's hoping it will be OK for you DrDuck. It was falling, so that's some good news.