Star Wars 7

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw the first installment in Paris in 1977, with French subtitles. The franchise never grabbed me, and I have never seen one since.

One thing I remember, every time Luke Skywalker said "neat", the subtitles translated as chic, which I thought was not quite the same thing.

I only like the original trilogy.

The prequel trilogy never really sucked me in, over kill on the effects killed it for me. For example the jedi jumping all over the place etc...

Oh i don't know there a bit of fun hey. At least i hope it will be the grand-kids have got me ear marked to take them along to see it. :)

Can't wait, got my tickets and lightsaber ready. :D Hopefully JJ Abrams can do it justice, real sets, real effects, and hopefully a good plot/storyline.

1450001683_img_20151213_204854.jpg

My 4 year old has the red sabre but wants me to get the blue so we can battle good verses evil. Never too young, or old. :lol: I'll be taking the missus for a good night out to see it.
Jon

Im with Doctor Duck. Saw the first one and haven't seen any of the others. I thought it was silly and a bit gay to be honest. Still being in France may of changed my opinion of it !!
I saw it in Melb when it came out.
I suppose the special effects when the space ship went over slowly at the start was pretty cool on the big screen in quadra sound.
Sorry star wars fans just cant see it
GT

Well, Paris was OK, but I had to wash dishes for a year to save up for that trip! SW was not the highlight, but I did enjoy the tour les egouts de paris - a tour of the historical sewers of Paris. I was surprised that they had a cinema down in the sewer that was part of the tour, but obviously that was not where I saw SW.

DrDuck said:
Well, Paris was OK, but I had to wash dishes for a year to save up for that trip! SW was not the highlight, but I did enjoy the tour les egouts de paris - a tour of the historical sewers of Paris. I was surprised that they had a cinema down in the sewer that was part of the tour, but obviously that was not where I saw SW.
Setting my sights on Paris for next year.
Sorry to go off topic mate but I'd love to hear the cost etc and any tales of things I should not miss or general advice.

Got my Gold class tickets for this Sunday :Dim Super pumped for this one.

Goldtarget said:
DrDuck said:
Setting my sights on Paris for next year.
Sorry to go off topic mate but I'd love to hear the cost etc and any tales of things I should not miss or general advice.

Mate, my trip to Paris was in 1977, so my advice would be a bit dated. However, you should try to eat at a decent restaurant, that is not on the tourist route. You can pay a fortune and go two or three stars, but there are lots of very good neighbourhood restaurants down the back streets serving outstanding food. There are plenty of online guides to consult. I reckon if you are interested in food, it is worth eating in a starred place at least once, but as Joe the Gadget man (remember the Knock and Kirby advertorials in the '60's?) used to say - "Bring your money with you."

At work:

For those who confide and seek forgiveness in confession, as long as their qualities of confession are in three: it must be humble, sincere, and entire.

They then will depart thee with;

He that hideth his sins shall not prosper; but he that shall confess and forsake them shall obtain mercy. (Proverbs 28:13)
I forgive thee and may the force be with you.

Yep, I am a Star Wars fan.

I think Yoda would say,
Read the bible you will,
to show the words in here, you won't
The dark force resides within,
to pay the price, you will.
:D :D :8
I am a Star Wars fan myself. When the first episode showed here in Bega at The Kings Theater, I was one of the first in the que.
I remember when the text stopped flowing up the screen and the Star Fighter came across the screen,
The whole theater just erupted in gasp's of shock and awe.
The movie scene changed fore ever. :D

Gold trooper said:
At work:

For those who confide and seek forgiveness in confession, as long as their qualities of confession are in three: it must be humble, sincere, and entire.

They then will depart thee with;

He that hideth his sins shall not prosper; but he that shall confess and forsake them shall obtain mercy. (Proverbs 28:13)
I forgive thee and may the force be with you.

Yep, I am a Star Wars fan.

And a Catholic ?

I'll let that go, its too close to my fishing holiday to upset myself over a threat from you.

Latest posts