Special location.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Greenhornet and Wally. :)

Greenhornet, the history side has been really great actually and not just learning about old coins. But also about when some of the buildings were first built and by who etc.

Wally, I feel pretty grateful to have had a chance to detect this spot on a few occasions. It is just so exciting finding so many pre decimals in such a small area and another great thing is there is very minimal rubbish, which makes it all the more enjoyable.

Cheers. :)

Golddiggergirls said:
Thanks Greenhornet and Wally. :)

Greenhornet, the history side has been really great actually and not just learning about old coins. But also about when some of the buildings were first built and by who etc.

Wally, I feel pretty grateful to have had a chance to detect this spot on a few occasions. It is just so exciting finding so many pre decimals in such a small area and another great thing is there is very minimal rubbish, which makes it all the more enjoyable.

Cheers. :)

That's great that the site contains little trash, I tried detecting my cousins property, it's been in their family for around 150 years but there is so much trash it's nearly impossible, I'll give it another go at some stage but it's soooo frustrating.

Nice finds Bec, hope it keeps producing for you.

Danny13 said:
Great job GDG , did you find those coins all in the one session ?

Hi Danny,

The coins on the paper with dates were from previous sessions, so no, not from just one hunt.

I honestly cant remember the exact numbers of the best session from this location because I have been back quite a few times now. And because I am allowed to go back I guess I just relax a bit and enjoy the thrill of the treasure hunt so to speak. So I don't rush too much and being a smallish area, I am mindful of the ground and not over digging in one go, even though I dig carefully, just being conscientious if that makes sense.

I have some more pictures of finds from here that I will be posting soon too.

Cheers,
GDG Bec.

B5MECH said:
Nice work Gdg :cool: can we see the two 1800 greenies a bit cleaner :eek: 8)
:eek: :eek: 8) SILVER SILVER silver silver 8) :eek: :eek: :8

Hi B5,

Some pics for you......!! :)

1485771985_sl_cleans_2_2.jpg

1485772014_sl_cleans_3_2.jpg

The greenies cleaned up a bit....!!

1485772103_sl_cleans_1_2.jpg

And the silvers after a bit of a polish....!

Cheers,
GDG Bec. :)

Nice 8) :cool: That ground is very forgiving :eek:
Those Penny's are soo green but soo detailed, going on what has come from there I hope you can pull a gold sov and a stack of florins, someone had to lose them :lol: :lol:
I wonder if an ultrasonic cleaner would get the last brown dirt off without damaging the green

HoudiniHarry said:
Hi GDGs, great finds. Just waiting on your next set of Vids. Or have you retired?
Love you style.

Thanks for your post Houdini. :)

Have not retired just yet.....lol. Hopefully will get some vids done soon. Maybe just some ones of park detecting, unfortunately we have not had a chance to head out to any goldfields detecting for a little while. Miss it out there....!!

Cheers,
GDG Bec.

Hi everyone,

These are my finds from Saturday.

The top row are all one pennies, second row is 3 x half pennies and 1 x penny. The third row is a two cent, a one cent and a badge. (Will post some pics of some of these cleaned up later on.)

Still amazed that I am getting more pre decimals out of this area. Will head back there later on in the week.

1485827914_sl_finds_4_2.jpg

Cheers,
GDG Bec. :)

Nice Bec :eek: penny's galore, are they getting deep?, one place I go to more seem to pop out after heavy rain like they are growing :lol: :lol:
so what machine are you using?

B5MECH said:
Nice Bec :eek: penny's galore, are they getting deep?, one place I go to more seem to pop out after heavy rain like they are growing :lol: :lol:
so what machine are you using?

Hi B5,

Haha yeah funny you mentioned about the coins growing after rain....lol...! On Saturday, on a couple of my digs, I was thinking to myself I am pretty sure I detected this exact spot only the other day, so where did this one come from....lol. (Interesting that the swing of a coil or different settings can miss treasures by the smallest of fractions......!!) But I also think rain and ground movement can definitely reveal more finds from places that have been previously flogged so to speak.

The depth of the finds have ranged from just under the surface to approx half a foot or so (15cm).

On my last trip I changed the settings slightly to go a bit deeper and that is where I found a penny at about half a foot depth. I would not be surprised if coins were far deeper than that.

I am using a Fisher Gold Bug Pro and a Minelab Pin Pointer. The Fisher was the first detector I ever got, about 5 years ago now and it is doing o.k.. (I also have a GPX5000, but have only tried using it once around the city and it just went crazy, obviously far too much interference in the air.) A bit disappointed with my Minelab pin pointer, have had that only about three or so years and it works sometimes. So I need to turn it off and on a few times, adjust the battery and then it might work for a little while.

So the Fisher has found me quite a few treasures which has been awesome. I would not mind trying a ML CTX 3030 or a Garrett AT Pro at some locations I have had success at, especially this one. Just to see how they would go.

...........So if anyone from marketing at either Garrett or Minelab want to let me try out a machine in the near future drop me a message.......!! ;)

Cheers,
Bec.

Latest posts