Special location.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was happily detecting in a public park when I saw what looked like some old large trees and thought hmmmm that looks promising. So I veered off in their direction, however it turned out that this small area near the park was actually private land.

Now as it turned out the caretaker for this little area was around so I decided to have a chat to him, initially he was not overly keen to let me detect the area at all, as he did not want the lawn wrecked or have big holes in it, etc, etc. But after about 45 minutes of having a good chat to him, about the history of the area and my passion for detecting, my detecting technique and how I try to leave the ground in good shape, he ended up giving me the green light, yeahaa you little beauty I thought. :D

I have been back to this spot quite a few times now and when I get organised, I will post some photos of my earlier finds. However this picture is from my two latest trips.

1485425189_bec_s_finds._2.jpg

There are 4 Pennies, 2 Half Pennies, 2 Shillings, 1 Sixpence, 1 Threepence and assorted other coins.

Cheers,

Gold Digger Girl Bec. :)

Wow Bec, :eek: almosta full house, but at least you got a straight shilling down 8) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Well, when did you get to Ireland (you've obviously kissed the Blarny Stone) cause you must have the gift of the gab to talk around the unwilling (I do it myself under duress)(ha) ,..... 8) top job on getting that gig I recon :p , it's nice to know you were first on untouched new ground, cause it's a good feeling hey ! :D

Nice hunting Bec, really looking forward to seeing some of your other finds and seeing how your thread progresses with future treasures. Well done.

Haha, thanks so much Silver, your response made me laugh. :lol:

I was pretty excited to be able to detect the area because as you mentioned it was.....'untouched new ground'.

Cheers,

GDG Bec.

Thanks so much for your responses B5, Danny and Heatho.....!

B5, I will definitely post some pics of a few of my finds cleaned up, will work on the 1800 greenies now and see how they go.....!

Cheers,

GDG Bec.

Thanks Mackka and Smoky......!!!! :)

I don't know if I am a sweet talker Mackka...........lol, but I can talk.......that is for sure. I almost gave up when the caretaker initially said he was not too keen on me detecting, but I persisted and got him on side eventually. I have since shown him some of my finds and have had some chats now and then. I even dropped him off some biscuits today, just to say thanks for letting me dig around.

Cheers,

GDG Bec.

I find myself knowing lots if historical fact, like what was where when, so when we drive around the family gets to hear n learn all about it too over time. ;) Without knowing your history your just digging in the fog of now. :D

Latest posts