speaker repair

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday everyone.
I had a play with the dodgy speaker I got with the 45 today. I managed to pinpoint a partially broken piece of wire near the plug causing it to crackle and cut in and out. It was also quite quiet.
I pulled the plug apart, cut out the suspect piece of wire and stripped both of the wires to prepare them for soldering. I resoldered both wires and independently insulated them both. Put the plug back together and she works like a new one. I'll keep this as a spare after my mini guitar amp/speaker rocks up.
Took a few pics of the process in case anyones interested.
Cheers.
1430979148_20150507_145152-1.jpg

1430979194_img_20150507_160340943.jpg

Mate I think that you should sleeve each of the terminals separately so that they don't short out between the 2 contacts as there is no insulation. Also shorten the amount of wire that you have stripped back on the yellow wire so there is less chance that they can short out. Sleeve red and Blue so that there is no shorting between purple.
1430982863_1430979423__img_000000_000000.jpg

Just my opinion for what it's worth.
40 years as a sparky and electronics technician.

Yea I see what your saying mate. Just a quick slapper job. There is a decent gap between the two terminals and no slack in the wire so it won't short. I tried to push the wire down but there is no potential for shorting. Due to it being enclosed the wires won't be moving from where they are. If it wasn't my backup I would have put in the effort to make it tidy.

Latest posts