Slushie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well its, here The Slushie so named by Mrs Bazz the first time I ran it water slushed all over both of us.

Probably not as elegant as the Rockin Yobskin but definitely over budget (if there was a budget) and late in production, it was supposed to be tried out on our 2014 Christmas holiday.Ooops!

The reason for building it was that I have a promising spot on private land but my access is conditional that I agree to No smelly, noisy pump motors which eventually translated to NO motorized pumps at all.

I have NEVER tried anything like this before so its over built and a little rural, I saw a video of one made by John Jacobs on You Tube. cant be that difficult! I said, ??????????? ;)

Top box is 12 x 12 and the main sluice, is 3 feet long and the fall is calc at 1 in 3, so 3 feet long and 1 inch fall. The same calc was applied to the to top fluid bed.

I played with modified Clarkson and lazy L riffles but they clogged up (probably too big and the water flow is less, currently working on another smaller set )

Each level has V matting with Bunnings moss (grey stuff) and small expanded metal. mesh

The pump is 100 ltr per minute, the frame is simple meccano set style cause I cant weld for shyte, the only work I outsourced was the bending of the main 2 pieces the rest was made with love, care and multiple bruises, screw ups and nasty temper tantrums, but it WORKS I hope ( well it looks like it does)

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-tWcMJSh8[/video]

Cheers

Thi is like the second coming, all fired up and no spark........

I'm not into this You Tubey thingo, so I consulted an expert, my grandson and he's sorted it out, to the the tune of "Oh Poppy you didn't do this...."
:8

done well bazz, looks similar to the model i got my idea off think he used an old keene sluice from memory. I reckon youd do well to use a 1/2 classifier ontop of your 1/4 there to get thos bigger rocks out the way. i bet its nice and light well done. hope to see some cleanouts and bazzas adventures mate

Thanks G0ldigg@

There nothing like a 6 year old to remind you about how much you don't know :rolleyes:

I agree with you about the rocks, the sample I used was from a bucket of crap collected over a period of time, I think I would normally classify the down to 1/2 inch before I put it through, and yeah it's light and surprisingly stable.

Can't wait to get into the bush

Cheers

Top job Bazz, lots of detailed thought has gone into that rig. :cool:

Did you hand bend the curved rocker bars or are they reclaimed from something?

Hope you bag a quick ounce. :p :p

Hey Wall

We bent them using a vice, the miracle was that there was only 1 test and once we saw how the material bent, we just went for it and they were close to perfect.

Multi ounces would be good

Cheers

How much force is needed to get a pump of water just out of concern? Its been a while since I've used a porta loo haha
Actually I see its a long handle so I guess its basically light as a feather to operate

You are right on the mark, I deliberately kept the pump low to the ground and the handle as long as I could get, that way I don't to bust a poo valve to pump it, the 6 year old Grandson can pump it quite easily.

Firstly the handle pops out of the pump and 1 wing nut from the push bar to disconnect it.

Secondly I am surprised at how stable it is, I don't have to weigh it down, might be different in the bush :eek:

I have the option of filling the frame with sand if I was staying in one spot for a while

Cheers

Hahahahaha

No both hands work
It's bi sexual and politically correct (or maybe not)

:lol:

Yeah field test vid.... i worked some things out with mine i might be able to help ya with... double action nugget bar?
Pm me hahahaha

Latest posts